Thirty Four

I looked ahead once again but nobody was there, there were only sticks all put together so they look like little children hanging from the tree.

Luke got up and walked closer to the tree where they were hanging from.

I pulled Luke back to me. "Don't touch it, we don't know what it might actually be" I told him. He nodded.

It was getting cold and dark. We don't have anything left so we can't cover ourselves with the small blanket Luke brought.

"Let's go look for Jai" I almost pleaded Luke.

"Only for a few, I can't really walk any longer" He answered.

"Thanks"

We put out the fire and went out to look for Jai. The sun was still out so we could see, but it was getting darker by the minute.

I never imagined myself in the woods searching for someone and stuck in the woods going in fucking circles no matter what direction we take.

"JAI!" I yelled. I was hoping to Hear him.

"JAI PLEASE!" I tried again.

"It's weird how we can't track him. He left no sign of him anywhere" Luke said looking carefully at the ground.

I look down too but all I see is grass, dead grass, rocks, sticks and more dirt.

I looked over at Luke who was in so much pain. I helped him sit down on a branch on the floor.

"What if something bad happened to him?" Luke asked.

"Don't say that, He's probably walking around looking for us, or he found a way out of these woods and will be back to get us" I said to him. But he wasn't buying anything I said.

"Let's go back, That's the only place that is safe here" He said.

"Okay" I said looking up ahead hoping to see Jai in the distance coming running because he found a way out.

I helped Luke up and his arm was around my shoulder because we couldn't walk properly anymore. We Started walking back to where we have been sleeping all these days. I kept looking back but nothing but no luck.

I wanted to cry so bad because I was hungry, cold, lost, and other things.

I feel bad for Luke that he got hurt and he hasn't got any medical help.

We made it back to the little cave and placed Luke down. He curled up into a ball because that's how much pain he was in. I heard him mumble somethings but I think he said them because he's in pain.

I'm just glad the bleeding stopped or else I would be alone.

I sat up looking up ahead.

There was a light up ahead, across the lake. I wanted to go because the curiosity got the best of me. I got up and started walking towards the lake but someone stopped me as I was about to walk into the lake, It's like I was in a trance.

I looked behind me and saw Luke holding his side and the other pulling me back. His eyes with fear. I've never seen those eyes on him before.

"Don't" he whispered.

Something wasn't letting me go with Luke.

"I can't" I whispered.

"Yes you can" He started pulling me closer to him.

I closed my eyes and left the light thought go. Luke pulled me even harder and I flew out and into him.

He sighed in relief. I quickly got off of him and helped him up.