Lecture One

When Things Stop Being Easy You're On The Right Path.

"Shit it's the cops, run!"

Silence fell over the room as we all froze at what we were doing. Sitting on the kitchen table with a drink just an inch away from my lips I had a front row seat on what was about to happen.

One second it was silent, the next it was pure mayhem as the teenagers all around me started to make their escape. Some made a run for the front door while others went through the back and even the windows.

By the time I downed the rest of my beer I sighed in annoyance. My plan for the night was to get seriously hammered and yet once again my plan was ruined and I already knew why.

Jumping down from the table I straightened out my short black skintight dress. The dress had revealed some of my tattoos. The tattoos on my left leg were ones that I had gotten on my sixteen birthday.

When you were the daughter of Riker Kennedy and Lyra Anderson it was a given that you would basically have them.

Yes, by the way my parents are married and my moms legal name is Kennedy but the world already knew her as Lyra Anderson. She had made that name into the power house that it is. When people hear the name Lyra Anderson they instantly knew who she was.

It never bothered my dad that she was still called Anderson. Saying that she could be called what ever she wanted to be called it didn't change the fact that she was his wife and that was all that mattered.

One thing was for sure, I've never met a couple quite like my parents.

Grabbing another beer bottle that hadn't yet been opened, I started to make my way out the back of the house slowly.

There was no rush, I could hear Dravan Carson talking to cops out in the hallway, clearly buying time for everyone. Not that there was many people left.

Dravan Carson was the son of my parents friends Zoe and Archer Carson. He is the same age as me and was skilled with a laptop that was for sure.

It wasn't the only thing he was skilled at.

"Who even reported the party?" Dravan's voice rang throughout the house clearly pissed off. Taking a swing of my beer as I opened the back door I already knew the answer to that question and so should he.

The commotion was left behind me when I closed the door over not even bothering to be quiet about it. The cops would be more interested in dealing with Dravan at this point.

It was probably the third time this month he had been busted by the cops.

When our parents get back from fuck knows where in Italy, Zoe was going to be pissed off at him that was for sure.

In fact I'm surprised she hadn't already called or made her face pop up on the tv again to give him a lecture right along side the cops.

Zoe sees everything, even when we didn't think she does.

Walking along the street with the beer bottle in one hand and my phone in the other, I looked at the time.

It was only ten o'clock.

My real aim was to enjoy this night before school started up again tomorrow. Looks like that was a bust and now I had to walk home in the dark.