Lecture Nine

Sometimes You Just Have To Throw On The Crown And Remind Them Who They're Dealing With.

"Where are we going now?"

Daniella ignored me as she continued to walk in front of me through their headquarters. Two men stood on either side of me their hands on each one of my arms. My hands were once against cuffed behind my back but it was clear they weren't taking any risks this time.

When the agents had finally got into the room earlier they had grabbed me and freed the man and Daniella. Another one had made some sort of comment to Daniella as she freed her from the table. The comment didn't look pleasant judging from the embarrassment on Daniella's face after.

Something about the smug look on the older woman's face had ticked me off. When she had been walking back towards the door I had tripped her up and innocently said oops.

There was a lot of things I could deal with in life but watching someone push someone around wasn't one of them. Messing around with Daniella and that man was one thing but what ever that woman had said to Daniella had hit a nerve.

That didn't settle well with me even though I didn't know Daniella all that well.

My eyes scowled at the back of Daniella's head trying to work out how she would know my brother and Nick. Clearly there was more to the story than I was told.

Suddenly we came to a stop in front of a room. I had been so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't even noticed my guards stopping making me jerk back beside them. The pain in my arms rocked through my body and I could see the satisfaction on their faces.

Standing up tall I didn't show them I was in pain. I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction.

Daniella started to talk to the man that was placed in front of the door. As they talked I looked into the room through the glass walls.

What I seen had me set into a panic.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath as I tried to get the two men's grips off my shoulders and arms. My fingers played with the pin that was in my hand trying to work on the lock but it was no use.

My movements were to obvious and they knew about my party trick one of them reached down and grabbed my hands stopping my movements. He pulled the pin out of my hand and glared at me. Nothing was said behind us but I got the message loud and clear.

Suddenly I seen River come up the hallway. He was being lead the exact same way I was. With his back straight and his head held high you wouldn't think he was the one that was under lock and key.

Our eyes locked and straight away he read the panic on my face. With my eyes I directed him towards the room without a word being spoken between us.

Just as quickly as my panic set into me he was obviously distressed. He started to fight against his guards and threw his elbow back hitting one of the men in the nose. There was a awful cracking sound before all hell broke lose.

Watching five other men struggle to get River to the ground I threw my leg out hitting one of the men who had ahold of me. I didn't look back to see where I hit but judging from how he feel to the ground it was his knee.

With my left side now free I threw myself against the other man in a tackle. In the mayhem I was able to grab the pin back, planning on freeing my hands. Next thing I knew I felt more hands on me as they tried to get me under control. There wasn't many options for me to work with as my hands were literally tied behind my back but I did my best to fight back.

Then the door to the room opened.

Both me and River froze as our eyes connected with the woman who stood there. It wasn't just us that froze, the whole room froze. They were watching and waiting some of them almost looking like they couldn't believe their eyes.