Lecture Six

A Strong Person Looks A Challenge Straight In The Eye And Gives It A Wink.

The bell had long since rang but I didn't care.

Mr Reed was playing a dangerous game, using my little sister to call me out. What I didn't know was what he wanted with me. If I was to guess it was something to do with Payton, maybe he wanted to deal with me himself seeing as I broke the nose of his little play thing.

Frankly I didn't know how close he and Payton was and if it was just a one off thing between the two of them. Maybe they had been doing this for a while and she was just using my brother. The thought of that had me clenching my fists in anger.

No one used my family and got away with it.

River had wanted to come with me. This was something I wanted to deal with first, after all he did call me out and I was curious on what he had to say. That was if I could control my temper long enough to hear him out.

At first River disagreed with me and it wasn't because he didn't think I couldn't't handle myself. No it was because he wanted to rain his own terror down on the school gym teacher. In the end I had convinced him that he could do what ever he wanted after I had talked to him.

That had only bought me about twenty minutes at the most.

When River had walked away earlier I was pretty sure he had went to find Ezra and Asher. It was only a matter of time before the two of them were heading this way with him.

Not even bothering to knock on the office door I opened it without a care in the world. My gaze was deadly as my eyes clashed with Mr Reeds.

Mr Reed wasn't that old at all maybe about twenty six at the most. He had only been working in the school for the last year. Payton might be a bitch but she did have a good taste in men I would give her that much. Most of the girls in this school would do anything that this man asked of them. In my head that was what made him so dangerous, because he knew it.

With his boy next door kind of look you would never have thought he was a washed up football star with a injury that ruined his career. So now here he was teaching the future stars of tomorrow hoping to ride the high of stardom through someone else.

Well until he fucked with my family.

"Layla." He greeted his smile warm and welcoming. There was always something about this man I never liked. At first I thought it was the influence of River and Ezra not liking him but now I was sure we could just all sense the same thing.

He was a creep hiding behind his looks.

They were one of the most dangerous type of men.

"You better start talking and you better start now." My voice was harsh even in my own ears as I slammed my hands down on the desk between us. "No one threatens my sister and gets away with it. So you're going to tell me what the fuck you want from me and what the hell you threatened my sister with."

"I didn't threaten your sister." He looked honestly confused for a moment before it clicked. His smile grew as he leaned back in his chair. "Ah she must have taken it the wrong way. What I showed her wasn't a threat to her."

"What are you on about." My grip tightened on the edge of the table. Everything in me was telling me to lean forward and knock that smile clean off his face.

"It was a threat to you."

My back stiffened as his words soaked in. What game was this man playing at.

"What?"

Slowly he unlocked his phone and scrolled for a moment before sliding his phone across the desk to me. With one last look at him I glanced down at the phone.