Lecture Five

Darkness Does Not Always Bring Evil, The Same Way Light Does Not Always Bring Good.

A few days had past without any of those men reappearing. Not that I was expecting them to make another move anytime soon.

My mom had taught me a lot of things in life and being in that situation was one of them. They were testing the waters, seeing what we were capable off and what way everything was set up.

If I was to guess they now knew who was still in the City when it came to my dads men and who was the biggest threat.

One thing was clear. They wanted me.

Ace had told me he had met Levi and Emilia that same day only hours before me. Those men had been following him the whole time but they didn't make a move when he was with them. What ever they wanted it had something to do with me.

Revving the engine of my bike I waited for the lights to change to green. The visor of the helmet kept my eyes out of view as I looked around me carefully. Lately I had a feeling someone was watching me and I wasn't talking about my dads men who normally kept an eye out for us all.

No there was someone else out there watching me closely.

Currently I was heading to school which was the last thing on my mind. Between Payton and waiting to see what her family would do about me breaking their daughters nose and the men that showed up yesterday I didn't know what to think.

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they were all connected.

The light turned green and I let my bike take off down the road. Lost in my own thoughts I almost didn't notice the car sitting at the entrance of the school gates. It was a black SUV but that wasn't what really caught my attention, it was Payton's older brother pacing in front of it.

Slowing my bike I came to a stop beside him and looked around. There wasn't many people about so I took the risk of talking to him in public. After all I was sure he was here to talk to me.

"What do you want Nick." Lifting my Visor up I watched him freeze for a second as he fully took me in. It had been a long time since I seen Nick he used to be one of Reagan's closest friends. That was until the families businesses pulled them apart.

"We need to talk." He was looking around him almost like he could sense the eyes watching us that I sensed earlier. Maybe I wasn't losing my mind after all.

"If my brother knew you were trying to talk to me he'd kill you, you know that right?" I was stating a fact and we both knew it. Reagan wouldn't take to kindly to Nick's appearance in the City after so long.

"Don't you think I know that." Snapped Nick and for the first time I noticed just how uncomfortable he truly was. "Your little boyfriend has already warned me when he drove through the gates only seconds before you."

Frowning I gave him a pointed look. "Well if River knows you're here then you should hurry up and speak before he tells Reagan you're in the city."

"How was I meant to know River still even went to school." There was a panic in Nicks voice has he spoke. "He was meant to have dropped out when he was sixteen like the rest of them."

Shrugging my shoulders I kept my face blank. I wasn't about to tell Nick about stuff like that when I couldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

"What do you want?" I asked again this time wanting a straight answer. Something though caught the corner of my eye and I looked over my shoulder. It was Ezra's car, I would be able to spot it anywhere. After all I did put hours of work into it.