Lecture Fifteen

No Regrets In Life, Just Lessons Learnt

"So are we going to talk about who Daniella is?" 

My brother didn't bother to turn around and look at me as he continued to walk back towards his car. He must be the only person that I knew other than our mother that had no such fear over the cops, F.B.I, or frankly anyone for that matter. 

It probably didn't help that his confidence in dealing with them wasn't fake. He knew for a fact what it was that he could do and get away with no matter what the situation was. In fact if I was to guess with Daniella he could probably get away with just about anything. 

He was a weakness for her and something in my mind told me that it wasn't just a one way weakness. 

"A past that you don't need to know about." Reagan's attention turned to his men and with one simple nod of the head they took the dismissal and started to make their way back to what ever it was they were doing before this. I watched as one of the men made their way over to the truck and getting in.

Taking away the mess that I had left behind. 

Reagan had always been cleaning up my messes for as long as I could remember. 

It wasn't long before it was just me and River left in the presence of my oldest brother. A brother that was soon to become one of the most powerful men in country. 

"Where have you been?" I asked not being able to stop the many questions that were running through my mind. So much time has past since I had seen him without a word and nothing would ever change the fact that I was his younger curious sister. 

Reagan looked over his shoulder at me with the corner of his lips turned up in the smirk that he had inherited from our father. If there was any child that was the perfect combination of both our parents it was Reagan. You wouldn't need a DNA test to know who he was with with his looks and attitude you could never deny who he is and what he stood for. 

Reagan was the future of our family and nothing was going to get in his way.

In fact I dared anyone to even try.

"You ask a lot of questions, little sister." 

Narrowing my eyes at him I knew that the underlining dig that he was getting in with that sentence even if nobody else did. When we were kids I used to follow Reagan about like a lost puppy. It was always one question after another and he always managed to dodge them and just ruined my hair as he walked past with a grin on his face.

"I only asked one question, and mom has been looking for you." 

Reagan scoffed sounding very much like our dad and opened the door of his car. A car might I add that he had built from scratch with our mom when he was fourteen. Each one of us has our very own car that we had built with mom one on one. It was a tradition in our family and at the moment Emilia was doing the same thing that all of us had done.  

"When have you ever known mom not to know something? She knew fine rightly where I've been and what I've been up too." 

For what was probably for the first time, Reagan seemed to notice that River was still beside us leaning against his bike. They stared at each other for a moment, almost like they were sizing each other up and in surprise River didn't seem to back down. Looking at him in surprise I tried to think what was going through his head in that moment. 

Looking between the two of them I didn't know what was going on between them but there was definitely something going on. 

Without another word Reagan got into the car and pointed for me to get in as well, my bike was left back on the road somewhere and I needed to go and get it.