Lecture Three

Everything Is A Choice

Looking down over the railing of the second floor I could see Payton and she had cornered my younger sister. Emilia's back was pressed against the lockers with her school books pressed tightly to her chest.

The whole first week of school Payton had been a pain in the ass to my brother and now it seemed she had moved onto Emilia. Levi wasn't giving her the time of day and there was clearly no chance he was taking her her back. So she was doing the only thing that she thought was still within her power.

Bullying the youngest of the Kennedy siblings.

There was two mistakes with her choice but one of them she was going to find out very soon.

"Shouldn't you be down there helping her?"

Looking to my right I seen River come over to the railing and leaned his back against it. He was looking over his shoulder at the scene but he too didn't make a move to help.

We both knew what my younger sister was more than capable off.

Payton just had to make the wrong move.

Down the hall two other people caught my eye. Ezra, River slightly older brother entered through the front doors of the school along side Asher.

Asher was the same age as Emilia and was also the youngest Knight sibling. The two of them had grown up together and had been best friends since they were born.

When we were all younger we used to tease them that the two of them would end up together but the older they got the more we seen that wasn't true. They were best friends and had no feelings like that at all for each other. Both of them were more like brother and sister.

Asher's dark hair was curly unlike his brothers. A style that suited him well with the sides cut short and a mop of curls on top. I could see why Asher had many of the freshmen falling at his feet. His deep green eyes were the same as River's but they were more boyish than River's. They were the type of eyes that could get him out of any trouble.

Anger came over Asher's features when he seen what was going down with Payton and Emilia. When he went to take a step forward though Ezra placed his hand on his younger brothers shoulder stopping him.

There was a grin on Ezra's face as he leaned down slightly to whisper something into his brothers ear. Soon Asher's anger was replaced with amusement.

"We both know Emilia can handle herself." Pushing myself away from the railing I stood up straight. Never once did I take my eyes off Payton and Emilia. "Plus it looks like your brothers are ready for a show as well."

Rivers arm brushed against my own as he pushed himself off the railing too and faced the commotion head on.

"True." He agreed but then he looked at me with amusement. "But what I want to know is once Emilia is done dealing with her, what is it you're going to do?"

Stretching out my arms in front of me my lips turned up at the corners. "What ever do you mean Rivy?"

Rivers amusement didn't leave but he did roll his emerald green eyes at me and cross his tattooed arms. He hated it when I called him Rivy but it was something he had given up on a long time ago. Though I did fear the day someone else other than me called him that. Ezra had made the mistake of calling him it one day and let's just say there was a big bust up in the middle of school.