Lecture Thirteen

If Opportunity Doesn't Come Knocking, Then Build A Door.

My mind was racing.

After my whole show at school I had walked out and didn't take one look back. The principle had tried to put me in my place but he didn't stand a chance. He knew he couldn't do anything knowing who my family was. Plus what was he actually going to punish me over?

After all I wasn't the one who had started those rumours.

Sighing I stopped at a red light and placed my feet on the ground on either side of my motorbike. Taking out my phone I seen that it was eleven o'clock at night.

Slowly another bike started to approach and I quickly put my phone back in my jacket pocket. Leaning forward, I ignored the bike as it stopped beside me. Reeving my engine I was caught of guard when the other person kicked me on the leg gently.

In shock I turned to face them about to lose my shit and ask what the fuck they were doing before I seen who it was.

River.

He had pulled the visor up on his helmet and was giving me a cheeky grin as he once again kicked me in the leg. This time I almost fell over just saving myself last second.

Narrowing my eyes at him I straightened my bike before reaching over shoving his head making him let out a deep chuckle.

A smile smile creeped across my lips at our exchange and for a moment I forgot about my racing thoughts.

Pushing down his visor he reeved the engine of his bike. River's head tilted my way and I knew he was challenging me. Even though I couldn't see his face I knew a cheeky grin would be spread across his lips.

The smile on my face grew bigger and I leaned forward again, with one foot still on the ground and the other ready to take off. Reeving my engine I could feel the power of the bike below me and I felt myself come alive.

My mom had once told me that there was no better feeling than having a powerful engine under your control and there was no doubt in my mind she was right.

Adrenaline was running through my veins and my eyes were locked in on the road ahead of us. There was just a few cars but nothing that would get in our way or cause any problems.

The city lights reflected off the ground and in moments like this the City never looked prettier. There was something so peaceful about my home when most of the world was asleep. It made me think that all the problems in the world just didn't exist, even for just a moment.

Taking a deep breath I watched and waited.

Just waiting for that green light to appear.

Then it changed.

My tyres squealed at me as I took off leaving a mark on the street and smoke in my wake. The wind was pressing me lower on my bike as I started to weave in and out of the few cars on the road. Some of the them I was mere inches away from as I skill fully tailgated them till last second.

Between fighting and racing I never knew which one made me feel more alive. All I knew was that when I was on a bike there was no where else in the world I could get rush of not knowing what was going to happen.

Reading people in a fight was a lot more easier than predicting what was going on around me on the streets.

Looking to my right I noticed that River was mere paces away but I knew I had our little race in the bag.

Shifting gears my bike it shot off with a new sense of speed letting me reach the next set of lights first.

Slowly we came to a stop at another red light.