Lecture Seventeen

People Talk About You Because If They Talked About Themselves, No One Would Listen

"Wake up."

Looking down at my phone I could see that it was three in the morning but I was wide awake.

The same couldn't be said about River who was basically past out in his bed. He was lying on his stomach shirtless leaving me the view of his well muscled tattooed back. Frankly I wasn't complaining about the sight which was probably why I wasn't too violent about waking him up.

"Fuck off Kennedy." Came his mumbled groan as he turned his head away from me as I pointed the light on my phone at his face.

If I was anyone else I probably would've been thrown out of his room by now.

"Get up." Smacking my hand against his back like a child the sound seemed to echo in the room as he hissed in pain.

"You have about ten seconds to get out before I throw you out."

We both knew his threat was an empty one when it came to me.

So I did it again.

Only this time he grabbed my wrist with his tattooed hand stopping me in my tracks. His eyes were still closed but I knew he was well alert for any movement. His hand was warm against my wrist for the first time I noticed just how cold the room was.

Looking up I could see that the window was open and I couldn't help but smile. River couldn't sleep with the window closed.

Trust me we had plenty of arguments about this when we were kids. The amount of times I had to freeze my ass off because of him was out of control.

As we got older though the fights stopped. River started getting deeper into our parents world which meant normally he was up late most of the night doing the dirty work for the families.

Soon I realised that what ever sleep he could get was a blessing so I let him do what ever he wanted.

Even if that meant I had to freeze my ass off.

River yanking my arm made me half fall onto the bed and onto to him. He had managed to flip over as he pulled me over making me land on top of him. He pushed my head into the crock of his neck almost out of reaction as he got comfortable once more.

Only this time I was apart of the situation.

"Sleep." Was his response making me roll my eyes.

"Get up." I responded trying to push him away but his arm snuck around my waist stopping me dead with the one below my neck bending at the elbow to tighten around my neck slightly.

This time when he spoke his voice was husky with sleep and his nose nuzzled my collarbone.

"Stop."

My whole body froze on reaction to his body and voice, in fact I froze because... well it was him.

"Get up." My voice was barely a whisper as he straightened out his arm below my neck giving him the access to trail kisses up from my collarbone to my neck.

For a second my brain switched off and I almost forgot why I was here. My breathing became hitched between his kisses and his fingers dancing on my skin at my waist.

My top had went up slightly giving him the access he wanted and he leaned up over me as his kisses ran along my jaw and closer to my lips.

Then I remembered how I ended up in this situation in first place and spoke the one sentence I knew that would make him snap out of it.