Lecture Twenty-Eight

If It Doesn't Challenge You, It Won't Change You

"I have to say, you're much better looking than your brother." Commented Ezra as he slowly took a step towards Isabella.

He was distracting her, trying to get her to lower her guard by making her listen to his words and not watching his movements.

"And I have to say your older brother is better looking than you." Isabella's tone was blank as she spoke and she watched Ezra's feet as he took another step towards her.

She was too smart for Ezra's normal tricks and Ezra paused seeming to notice the same thing I had.

"Older?" Questioned Ezra as he looked behind him at River before turning back to Isabella with a raised eyebrow. "Don't know where you got the information from, but I'm older than River."

"I wasn't talking about that brother."

There was only one brother older than Ezra and that was Elijah. He was with my dad and Reagan in Italy. It wasn't just me that her words had gotten to, the two brothers had paused as well but Ezra was quicker at recovering than me and River.

"Then I feel sorry for you." Waved of Ezra, with this lips turned up at the corners. "He's far less interesting than me."

Isabella tilted her head like she was studying something that she couldn't quiet work out.

"I'm not so sure about that."

Before I could even ask what she meant by that shouts could be heard from down at the dock.

Looking over the edge I could see that they had someone on their knees tied in front of Enzo. My eyebrows knitted together as I tried to get a better view of what was going on. Soon I was able to put a face to the man.

It was Jai, he is one of my dad's most trusted men. He was one of the guards at our home as we grew up. Jai has literally watched each one of us grow up and I couldn't help but feel my heart race a bit more at the sight of him in front of Enzo on his knees.

Jai was around the same age as my own parents and he had kids around our age. My dad had put them through the best schools saying that Jai has protected us with his life, so the least he could do was give Jai's family the best chance in life too.

"River." My voice was barely a whisper but River must have heard me as he took his eyes of Isabella for a second as he turned to look at what I seen.

"Shit." He quickly looked between Isabella and the sight down below again his mind trying to think of something.

My mind had already thought of something though, long before his mind had started turning.

We need Isabella and we needed to get her now.

My attention turned to Isabella with narrowed eyes. I might not know Enzo all that well but there was one thing with family you could always almost count on.

Siblings would almost do anything to protect each other.

Some children didn't care about their parents, with certain upbringings children didn't share any love for their parents. With siblings you could almost guarantee they would do anything to protect each other.

The same way I would do anything to protect mine.

And this bitch is in the way.

At the thought of my sister down there was with these guys made my blood boil once more but it was different this time. This time my mind worked with my body knowing that if I wanted to come out on top, I was going to have to be smarter than everyone around me.