Lecture Eight

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.

"You can't hold me here."

There was no one in the room but I knew they were watching and listening to me through the cameras. My temper was rising and I was getting more pissed off every second.

They had no reason to hold me here and yet they had me sit in one of their interrogation rooms. Now I was no saint and even though I was seventeen I have had my fair share of run ins with the cops but nothing like this.

For a start I wasn't in the station, no I was somewhere far worse I was in the F.B.I headquarters and as much as I was pissed I was just as equally uncomfortable.

Me, River and Nick had all be separated as soon as we stepped foot into the building. Me and River knew the routine well, you don't tell them anything.

Sooner or later our parents would have to be called and that's when I knew we would be walking out of here.

The door clicked open and I glanced up to see the woman from earlier walk in. With the light I was able to see her more clearly. She was pretty with her long dark hair and tanned skin. Her brown eyes were studying me and her high cheekbones and slim face looked familiar but I couldn't quite place where.

"Daniella, right?" I asked questioning her.

"I do the questioning in here." She took the set across from me at the table and I let out a sigh.

The thing about me was that I might feel uncomfortable but I was able to fake that fact. Relaxing my body I tried to make myself look at home. Frankly I had nothing to hide and we didn't do anything wrong.

"What where you doing at the port?" She followed her arms on the table and leaned forward trying her best to look intimidating. Maybe to other people she was, with her sharp eyes and cutting edge looks but I knew intimidating and she wasn't it.

My mom was the master of that game and this woman stood no chance against that.

"Are you not going to start by asking me my name?" I asked gesturing to the cameras, I also knew that everything was being recorded. My dad had taught me more than enough about how to handle this situations.

"I know who you are Layla Kennedy." She cleared her throat and didn't met my eyes when she mentioned my name and that made me frown.

Thinking back to how Nick knew her and greeted her so easily maybe I did know her some how after all.

"How do you know Nick?" Curiosity was killing me over this situation.

"I told you I'm asking the questions." At the sound of Nick's name her voice had risen telling me there was definitely something there.

"Doesn't mean I can't asked my own." Responded I leaned back in my chair and started to pay around with the handcuffs that kept my hands behind the chair.

"You're the one in handcuffs being interrogated right now so no you don't ask the questions." Daniella glared my way and I could tell I was getting under her skin. I had a knack for that, my brothers and sister had told me that plenty of times.

"Actually...." Trailing of I brought my hands forward with the handcuffs in one hand. I had easily escaped from them as we spoke. It was a handy trick to have and it was fun shocking the cops faces when I showed them my little party trick.

Snapping the cuffs out of my hand she looked at them for any fault. When she found nothing she looked back up to me surprised. "How did you do that?"