Lecture Fourteen

People Inspire You, Or They Drain You. So Pick Who You Let In Your Life Wisely

Frankly I don't think I've ever ran so fast in my life.

As soon as me and River stood up we took off along the top of the containers not caring about the noise we left in our wake. We needed to stop that truck and we needed to stop it now.

Shouts could be heard down below, they screaming at us to get down and stop. Not moments after that bullets started to fly our way but we were too far ahead and they wouldn't be able to reach us at this angle.

Both me and River jumped skilfully from one container to the next without breaking stride. River had managed to pull out his phone in our rush and made a call.

"Get the guys down at the docks now! Stop as many of them as you can, me and Kennedy are going after the truck!"

As we got to the last of the containers I didn't think twice as I jumped from the top of it making sure to tuck and roll. We didn't have time to spare using the wooden pallets to get down.

With River close on my heels I pulled my helmet out from under a bush and threw River his as he caught it with one hand.

"Look I don't have to time to explain just fucking do as your told and get them to the docks!"

River hung up and all and shoved his phone back on his jacket pocket zipping it back up. Throwing his helmet on he climbed on his bike as I waited for him reeving my engine.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

Three of the men that had been chasing us were finally making ground but they were out of time.

"We don't have time to go around."

River voice echoed in my helmet shocking me slightly and for a moment I forgot about the device that connected our helmets remotely so we were able to talk to each other. It was something my mom had created when she realised I much preferred bikes over cars.

River must have activated them from his side.

"Then we don't, let's just cut right through them."

Reeving my engine I leaned forward on my bike. There wasn't a big enough gap between the containers for a car but our bikes would easily get through those gaps.

The men started to pull out their guns and I knew in that moment we needed to go or this situation could get a whole lot worse.

Spinning my bike around I kicked up the dirt from the ground and took off to my left going in between the first set of containers. We would be able to catch up with that truck in no time this way but we needed to stay out of the way of those men.

Being on bikes was an advantage and disadvantage in these situations. Easier to get through places a car would find impossible and easier to hide. The down side was the fact if they started shooting at us like those men planned then we were in trouble.

Trusting myself I blasted my bike down in between the containers, trusting that I wouldn't put one foot wrong.

One mistake and it could equal a big problem.

Ahead of us I watched a man stand in our path and raise his gun. There wasn't enough room to go around on either side of him.

"Shit."

Changing gear I pushed myself lower trying to get as close to my bike as possible. I needed to try and make it as hard as possible for him to get me on this straight. There was a corner coming up between the containers and I just needed to take it before he could cause me any serious damage.