Lecture Eighteen

It Takes A Monster To Destroy A Monster.

"So what's the plan?" Asked Draven as he peered in between the driver and passenger seat looking at the same building that I was.

River had won the passenger seat in the end.

Well it was more along the lines of Draven having enough of his shit so he just moved.

"Plan?" I asked with a grin on my face knowing that I hadn't completely thought this through. "What plan, I was kind of just going with the flow."

Draven turned his head to me like I was insane while River covered his mouth trying to hide his laughter.

"Are you insane?" Remarked Draven as he tried to wrap his mind around my words.

Out of us all Draven was the one that loved a plan more than anything. While we were all growing up he always demanded to know what time we were meeting, where we were going, how we were getting there and how long we would be. Along with a million others things to go with those questions.

Me and the others kind of more or less winged life and went with the flow, I was probably the worst of them all for that.

"Just a little bit." My words had left my mouth but I was no longer paying attention to what was happening between us. My eyes were solely fixed on the house in front of it.

It was nothing extravagant, a simple home in a family area. It wasn't on our side of the City but it wasn't from the other side either. It was somewhere that you wouldn't think twice about looking for or at. There was flowers and small trees all over the front lawn but it was nicely done up, almost like someone spent every morning in it.

My eyes narrowed slightly at what I thought was a shadow by the up stairs window but when I looked again there was nothing there.

My eyes were probably starting to play tricks on me after staring at the place for so long.

"I don't think he's home." Yawned River, my eyes glanced at him for a moment and I could see the tiredness starting to take over.

"Why do you look like death?" Draven's words came out sharp but I could see the concern on his face in the rear view mirror when he thought no one was looking.

The sight of it made me grin slightly and I turned to look out my driver window to hide it.

They might act like they hate each other but that underlining friendship was still there even if they didn't know it.

"I was helping Elijah get shit sorted for Reagan leaving. Not all of us have the privilege of hiding behind a screen all day." River's voice was low and I could tell he wanted to do nothing more than fall asleep.

Not that I blamed him staring at a house wasn't the most interesting thing to do.

"Is your brother going with him?" I asked suddenly wondering if he would be sent with Reagan.

Elijah was a year older than Reagan and Reagan valued no one's opinion more than Elijah's. Compared to the other Knight brother Elijah was a lot more chilled and took everything in his stride.

He had a way of getting things done without looking like he was doing anything at all.

"Yea." River got more comfortable in his seat and I knew it wouldn't be long before he closed his eyes. "Told me and Ezra to keep him updated on what's happening in the City. Said the first sign of trouble and he'd be on the first flight back."

"So in other words you won't be telling him anything." I remarked knowing fully well that Elijah would get the full low down when he got home and wonder what the fuck happened.