Lecture Twenty-Five

You're Crazy To Everyone Who Can't Manipulate You.

"Do I even want to know what this was all about?" Asked River as we got into the elevator, heading back down to the ground floor of the building.

Davis was standing watching us from just across the wide open area and I couldn't help but wave, with a cheeky smile on my face as the doors close over.

"Probably not but I got what I wanted." I remarked not wanting to say to much. God knows where all the cameras were around here. "Did anyone go into you while I was gone?"

River scoffed and folded his arms in annoyance. "Davis came in, trying to play nice and was asking about my dad. It was pretty clear the two of them don't get on anymore than him and your parents."

We fell into silence knowing it was best not to say anything more until we were safely out of there. As we step back out of the elevator all eyes were on us down in the lobby. They were probably all waiting around to see what the outcome of my little scene was.

They were probably disappointed at my unbothered look.

Ignoring them all, I made my way towards the door with no one trying to stop us. It wasn't long before we were back in the car, with River in the drivers seat.

As he started up the car I looked in the mirror to see that my make up had indeed made a mark on  my face.

"Such a shame." I sighed as I did my best to try and rub the rest of it off. My hoody was already ruined from earlier so it wasn't like it made a difference now.

The damage was already done.

"Well no one asked you too basically ball your eyes out in the middle of the F.B.I headquarters. I thought Davis was about to have a fucking heart attack." River easily sped through the traffic with ease, not once putting a foot wrong.

"How else was I meant to get us up the stairs? It was the first thing that came to my mind." I laughed knowing that I could've probably handled it better, if I had thought it through for a second.

Life was more fun this way, you never knew what would happen if you just let life happen.

"It better be worth it, what ever you were doing."

"It will be as long as the Little King does what I need him to do." I spoke finally finishing doing the best I could with what I had. My eyes were still black around the edges but I could pull it off as a smokey look.

Thankfully my eyes were no longer bloodshot after talking with Daniella.

She had seen through my trick completely. Reagan had clearly told her a lot more than we all first thought.

"Reagan? What does he have to do with all this?"

"Everything." I grinned knowing what I was going to say next would make River roll his eyes at me. "You know about Daniella and my older brother don't you?"

"Just what Nike had told us. That they were all best friends at one point." River frowned not really getting where I was going with this.

"Yea, well my brother seemed to be more than just friends with Daniella and he fucked it up basically."

Something must have clicked with River because he sent a glare my way but there was amusement hidden behind it.

"You're telling me I risked getting my ass arrested just so you could play matchmaker?"

I waved River off. "No but that is a benefit. I needed someone on the inside to do something for me and Daniella seemed like my best option. It's clear mom has something on Davis, but that doesn't mean he'd put up with my shit. So my next best option was Daniella. After all she seems to know more about my family than she lets on."