Lecture Twelve

Fake People Have A Image To Maintain. Real People Just Don't Give A Shit.

"Well don't you two look like death."

Looking up I seen my brother Levi looking down at me and River. We were both sitting at the lunch table but our food was long forgotten about and River was leaned over the table sleeping. I had been playing with his hair without thinking out of habit.

"If your going to be annoying please just fuck off." Came my smooth reply as I continued to scroll through my phone without actually paying much attention to it.

My head was banging and there was a few times this morning when I didn't even think I was going survive through my classes. Thankful the sick feeling left after a while and I was just left with a head that hated me.

Levi sat across from me with his hands raised letting me know he was here in peace. "Reagan was looking you last night he came by the house."

At the sound of Reagan's name River's head shot up out of curiosity making my hand drop from his hair.

Frowning I looked at my twin brother. "Reagan? Why didn't he just try ringing me?"

Levi shrugged and started to dig into his food.  "He just said he'd find you another time. He was coming home anyway to talk to mom." Then Levi let out a scoff in thought. "Actually it was probably more along the lines of mom made him come home."

Mom calling Reagan home like that was never going to be a good sign.

"Was he still at the house when you left this morning?"

"Yea." Nodded Levi has he took another bite of his burger. "I overheard him and mom talking last night for a second I think he'll be staying in the house for a while."

From I had been at the F.B.I headquarters I had been wanting to talk to my older brother. Something about that agent called Daniella, she definitely knew my brother in some shape or form. Then I looked at my twin brother realising that I hadn't asked him.

Leaning forward I started to eat the food off my brothers plate knowing it would piss him off. I was distracting him, making sure he didn't think into what I was going to ask him next to much. "Do you know a woman called Daniella Martinez?"

Levi slapped my hand away from his plate but I just kept going back for more with a smile of amusement on my face. "Yea, well I think so. Reagan used to have a friend called Daniella I met her once when Reagan brought me to one of my football games when I was younger. He brought me because dad was away. Why?"

"No reason." Shrugging like it was no big deal I finally pulling away from him plate. "I just overheard someone mention the name the other day and it just sounded familiar."

"I was thirteen when I met her, though the two of them seemed to be too close just to be friends in my opinion."

With his comment his eyes trailed down to were I was once again playing with River's hair. River had lost all attention at my questioning and went back to sleep. I hadn't even released what I was doing until my brother gave me a pointed look. I shifted uncomfortably but I didn't move my hand away knowing that would make me look more like a culprit.

"You were thirteen, holding hands is a big deal when your that age." I remarked brushing his comment off as well as I could.

My brother scoffed and rolled his eyes going back to his food. "What ever you say."

"River." Looking up I noticed it was Ezra who had called out to his brother as he started to make his way over to us.

Finally he made his way through the crowd to us and gave me a quick look before looking down at his younger brother. Pulling out the chair beside River he sat down and leaned in closer to him.