Lecture Eleven

Make More Moves And Less Announcements.

There was no doubt in my mind that I was getting more and more drunk by the second but I didn't care. This was my element as I danced on top of the pool table with a couple of other girls. The only reason I was letting myself get so drunk was because the house that I was in was River's. I knew he wouldn't have any problem letting me crash here while everyone else would be told to get lost in a few hours.

As I downed another bottle of beer I jumped off the pool table with ease. I needed a smoke, it was something that I always did when I was drinking.

Bad habit I know.

River and Ezra were going to be outside by the pool like always and the two of them were my best bet to get one. Much to their moms hatred it was something they had both picked up when they were fourteen.

As I walked through the house people started to greet me, some of the guys even tried to chat me up but I wasn't in the mood for that shit. In fact I had been in a bad mood all week and I wasn't even going to come to this party tonight if it wasn't for River. He had told me that I needed to loosen up and stop thinking about my mom so much.

When I was finally able to get through the house I seen River on the other side of the pool talking to a couple of his friends. He was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a shirt that had a few of the top buttons undone. As I got closer I noticed he had a few marks on his neck and I rolled my eyes knowing that I wasn't the only one that was having fun earlier.

The guy I was with earlier kept looking at me like he had hit the jackpot.

It was actually a bit creepy.

As I made way around the pool I spied his back with an evil grin on my face. Once I was within reach I jumped onto his back and with ease he kept steady not even taking a step forward at the force.

River used his arm to help me get my balance as I wrapped my arms around his neck. His other hand was still holding the beer bottle that he was drinking from. I reached down for it and he silently past me it without question so that I could take a drink from it. 

Not once did he stop talking to his friends during the whole ordeal but their attention had now went from him to me. I had noticed this so I sent them a wink as I took another sip from the bottle. The guy that I had winked at, a cute blonde guy started to turn red and didn't seem to know where to look.

River had noticed their attention switch and looked at me from over his shoulder.

"Can I fucking help you? You're distracting the guys." Humor filled his voice and at the sound of his statement a few of the guys looked away looking embarrassed that they had been caught. 

Not that they were doing a good job in hiding their stares anyway.

"Yea, you can actually." I held out my other hand that wasn't holding the beer bottle in front of him. Now River was holding my full weight on his arm as I gripped my legs around his waist. "Do you have a smoke? I'm dying for one."

"Didn't you just rob Ezra of one like forty minutes ago?"

"Ah ha!" I shouted out making sure to shout in his ear making him flinch. "I fucking knew you could hear me when I asked you earlier before your brother came over."

"You steal mine every time we are out, of course I'm going to fucking ignore you. What do I look like to you?"

"Definitely not a good friend." I said sighing and shaking my head in disappointment at him. "Who knew you could be so mean to me."