Lecture Twenty

Visualise Your Highest Self And Start Showing Up As Her

"You look like you had fun."

My eyes snapped up to the bathroom mirror were I met my moms gaze. She looked amused as she eyed up the state I was currently in. A small smile graced my lips at the thought of her not freaking out on me, she trust me to do my best to stay safe.

Looking back down I started to scrub my hands again trying to get the blood of them. Blood that I hadn't even noticed until I had gotten home and properly looked at myself.

"Just following in the families footsteps." My remark earned a laugh from my mom who leaned against the doorframe with a air of power that I wished to one day hold.

Mom was five foot five but somehow her whole presence seemed to take up the whole room. It was like she demanded attention where ever she was, and no one could look away.

"So I hear." Mom tilted her head as she took me in properly. At the same time I looked at her and couldn't help but feel a little jealous how beautiful she looked even just out of bed.

When I finally washed my hands raw I turned off the tap and turned my attention to my face. Small scraps graced my jaw and cheek but nothing compared to the gash on my forehead. I hadn't even noticed when or where it happened but I had a feeling it was when that man slammed my against the wall. My head must have hit something and I didn't feel it through the adrenaline.

"Sit." Spoke my mom as she pointed towards the corner of the bathtub. She hadn't even looked in my direction as she started to pull out the stuff she needs for my head.

Without saying another words I did what I was told. Watching her was how imagined I did when I was five and cut my knee. Back then I had been trying to hold back tears because I didn't want my mom to think I was still a little baby.

Now, tears never graced my eyes. It was almost like the pain was nonexistent in her presence.

Slowly I watched as sat beside me and started to work on my forehead. My eyes glanced at her right hand where a small tattoo graced the side of her wrist. Mom was covered in tattoos, something that I had followed her lead in. It was rare in her line of work but it never seemed to hinder her.

In fact if you asked me it made her sound more deadly when she had to stand in front of a room full of men and tell them what to do.

When she had a business meeting you could sometimes hear them gasp when they spotted one of the tattoos on her leg, arm or shoulders. They always whispered but they would never dare judge my mom.

Not when she controlled everything they did and will do.

What really drew my attention was the diamond ring on my moms wedding finger. It was the engagement ring dad had given her and under it was her wedding band.

Both rings were the most beautiful rings I had ever seen and if I knew my parents they probably cost just as much as our house.

They were simple and elegant. Not over the top, which would be something that just got in moms way. At the same time though they were something that you would notice without it being pointed out.

At the sight of the rings my eyes wandered to something else.

"Do you miss dad?" My voice was low, almost childlike as my eyes clashed with my moms once more. A small smile graced her lips as she finished up on the gash on my forehead.

"Of course I miss him." She hummed as she started to put the stuff away. "Don't tell him that though, he'll think I'm going soft."

Letting out a laugh I gave my mom a pointed look. "I don't think anyone would accuse you of going soft."