Lecture Twenty-Four

People Will Get Upset When You Don't Let Them Use You

"And how is this a good idea?" Asked River as he looked around us. He didn't look bothered about our situation but it wasn't the first time he had asked this question.

"I never said it was a good idea. I said I had an idea. That's on you if you think it's a good one." I replied as I too glanced around me waiting for somebody to jump out.

Standing down on the lower ground of the F.B.I headquarters probably wasn't on the top of my list of good ideas but was one way to get noticed.

And getting noticed was what I really aimed for right now.

The woman behind the desk kept looking at us like we would disappear into thin air. She was for kicking us out until I told her who I was. Well more like who my parents are.

She was probably hoping to get a promotion from her bosses for being the one to bring them down to us.

"Didn't you say your mom told you not to fuck with Martinez?" River's voice was low so that he couldn't be overheard. "Pretty sure coming to her work is the opposite of what she told you."

"Daniella isn't the one we're going to fuck with. Well not initially anyway, accidents might happen." My tone matched his own as I watched the elevator doors open once again but it wasn't who I was looking for.

Daniella was the end game with the situation but I knew I could never get her to come down here to see me. As soon as Davis heard that me and River were here he would take this situation on himself.

Then he would question why I even wanted to see Daniella in the first place.

This time when the elevator doors opened Davis walked through them, his head held high as he glanced around the room for me.

River must have seen the cunning grin that crossed my lips because he looked at Davis and then raised his eyebrow as he looked back at me.

"This definitely isn't a good idea after all."

"Never said it was." I whispered back as Davis eyes finally landed on us.

The fun was about to begin.

"You know, I'm really starting to get sick of you lot walking into our headquarters like you own the place."

Davis didn't sound annoyed though, he was curious. There was no doubt in my mind he was well past being used to deal with my mom. So seeing me standing here in front of him instead had probably got his curiosity going.

"So moms not the only one that you've dealt with?" It was actually a question that I couldn't help but ask. His statement was enough to tell me that he has.

Davis scoffed like what I had just said was a joke. "Trust me I've dealt with more of your family than I ever want to deal with ever again. Unfortunately you lot will be in my nightmares for the rest of my life." He eyed be carefully before continuing on. "Now it seems like the next generation is getting their foot in the door. So what is it you want kid?"

"Me and River came here to apologise for the other week."

"You are?"

"We are?" Questioned River with just as much surprise as Davis making me dig my elbow into his side to shut him up.

"We shouldn't have fought so much against you and your agents. And I'm sorry for the trouble I caused you in the holding room. I hope your agents recovered quickly from their injuries." I kept my voice soft trying to make myself seem as sincere as possible.