Lecture Thirty-Two

It All Begins And Ends In Your Mind

"I can't believe you're leaving me."

"I'm not leaving you." I remarked making the same statement I've made to my sister probably a million times by now.

She was fully convinced that I wasn't ever going to come back.

"Levi keeps saying that you aren't coming back." Complained Emilia knowing fully well that Levi was just saying that shit to get under her skin.

It was clearly working.

"Reagan has left plenty of times and he keeps coming back." Holding out my hand Emilia handed me the tools under the car that I needed without even asking.

"That's Reagan though I've grown up with him floating between home and where ever the fuck he goes. I've never actually been away from you."

Now that I thought about it my sister was right, the two of us have never been this long apart.

"You'll be fine, you can still call me obviously." I remarked holding out my hand for the bolts but nothing came my way making me frown and push myself from out under the car.

That's when I was greeted with a deep glare coming from my younger sister making me roll my eyes at her once more. Clearly something had crossed her mind in the last ten seconds and she was now pissed at me.

"What?"

"Ash told me you and River have fell out."

Not being able to help it, I let out a laugh that I didn't even bother to try and hide. "Me and River haven't fallen out."

Even saying his name out loud had my mind wondering to how everything was about to change between the two of us.

"Then why hasn't River been over? And Ash said he hasn't seen you over at their house either all week."

"I don't know Emilia what do you want me to say? We've just both been busy." Taken the bolts that my sister hadn't handed me I went back under the car only for Emilia to pull me back out again with a grip on my ankle.

"The two of you have never been too busy to not see each other for a week."

"Maybe we've just grown apart." I tried to go back under the car but Emilia didn't let me have an inch.

"Bullshit. You and River have been joined to the hip since you were born so what's really going on?"

"Nothing." I said trying to shrug her off but she wouldn't let go. "Why the fuck are you so strong."

"Did you fall out because your leaving and the two of you have a thing."

Instantly I froze and looked up at my sister.

"What are you talking about?"

"Please, I know that you and River have slept together, more than once might I add. I'm fourteen not stupid or blind."

Keeping a blank face I shrugged. "I have no idea what you're on about."

Emilia rolled her eyes and slapped me on the thigh of my leg making me shout out in pain.

"What the fuck was that for?" I remarked rubbing my leg where there was now a red mark. I was just in my shorts so the evidence was pretty clear.

Emilia picked up a screwdriver and pointed it at me threateningly "Don't lie to me, you always tell me not to lie to you so don't you do it to me."

Looking at my sister I realised for probably the first time that she wasn't that little girl that used to hide behind me and Levi at our parents gatherings or dinners. She was more confident now and she knew how to get what she wanted.