Lecture Four

Be Careful With How Much You Tolerate. You're Teaching Them How To Treat You. 

"Where's the little King?"

Looking up from the punching bag I could see my uncle walking over to me. Sweat was dripping down my body as I had been training for the last hour. Also judging how Ace's nose turned up in disgust I probably didn't smell the best either. Shrugging my shoulders I turned back to the punching bag to continue what I was doing.

In his forty's Ace was still a catch to woman in this City. With his dark and luring eyes and a personality to go with it you wouldn't believe how many woman would kiss ass to me. Just so they could get a date with the most wanted bachelor in the City.

Ace watched me throw a few punches in silence. He was studying me, after all between him and Kate they trained me into the fighter that I am. He taught me how to be strong while Kate taught me how to be stealthy and use my enemies power against them. Both skills came in handy that wasn't something that was I was going to deny.

My mom was famous for her driving but I was becoming famous for a very different reason.

Sensing Ace make a move I jumped to my left and out of the way as he tried to sweep my feet from under me. My grin didn't last long though as I tripped over the equipment on the floor landing flat on my ass. A loud thud sounded throughout the room along side Ace's sigh.

"And that's why you almost lost your last match. You're still not taking in your surroundings." Ace gaze was lazy like always. He was a hell of a lot more laid back than my dad that was something that was clear as day but that didn't mean he didn't scold me now and again.

Glaring I stood up dusting off my clothes.

"There's hardly stuff lying on the floor in the cage and I still won that fight." I remarked taking off my gloves. My uncle was here for a reason and it was clear I wasn't going to get anymore training done until he got what ever information it was that he wanted.

"I don't train you to fight in the cage." For the first time in a long time he actually looked annoyed at me and it made me flinch. He was right he was training us to fight in a world far more dangerous than most people could imagine. "I train you for the real world and in the real world there's going to be a hell of a lot more than just gym equipment on the floor."

"I don't know where Reagan is." Answering his original question I was hoping to get his attention off me. "He hasn't been home in a few days."

Ace let out another sigh and ran his hands through his hair in annoyance. "You know you kids are the reason I don't have any of my own. By the way next time you're going to break a girls nose can you not do it on school grounds. You know it's me that gets called when any of you get into shit in there when your parents are gone."

"I thought it was because you 'enjoy playing the field' that your don't have any kids." Using air quotes to prove the fact it was something he had said himself he took a step closer to me in warning but I went on. "As for Payton, we both know she had that coming."

Ace's lips turned into that infamous smirk that both him and his brother shared. "Never did like your brother with that little bitch, never mind who her family was on top of it." Then he seemed to remember why he came here in the first place. "And speaking of your siblings apparently your dad has been trying to get ahold of the little King and he isn't answering to anyone."

Lifting up my bottle of water I took a sip before replying. "I think if anyone can handle themselves it's Reagan. Plus it's not the first time he's disappeared, he's probably dealing with some situation so dad doesn't have to when he gets home."