15

"You crying?" Having piya held near his chest, Manik hushed in her was.

"Nope. I am just..." piya paused as she could not get proper words.

She was feeling emotional as Manik was finally going towards his goal to achieve his dreams.

"Then what are these?" He held her shoulders and wiped away her tears.

"They are my tears of delight. My Manik is finally getting to achieve his dreams." She flashed her teeth while rubbing her cheeks with the pallu of her saree.

They were on the airport, seeing manik off. Today was his flight to San Francisco. The call received from Mr. Mehta two weeks ago was a life changing call as it told Manik about his acceptance in the foreign branch of maheshwari enterprises.

They hung around together for two weeks as much as they could for they didn't know when they will see each other once he was gone. Basically foreign visas were for years. They couldn't imagine staying away, and piya can't join him either. She was a professional herself. She couldn't leave her job and join him. They came from different fields after all. And there was no way piya can leave her parents and two younger siblings alone. Now there were his parents too that needed to be take care of.

"Yeah, finally." They held each other's hands and walked to their parents who were standing together. "I can't believe I'm finally going. I will miss you guys." Manik left her hand and hugged his mother.

"Take care, beta. Don't forget have your meals on time. And please video call me daily."

"Promise, I will." He kissed on her head.

Manik moved to his father. They shared a high-five before pulling each other into a warm manly hug. Mr. Malhotra gave him a proud pat on the back as he said, "I knew my son will soar higher in the skies some day. It is that day." He smiled.

Maniks eyes were moist. The parents and girlfriend who stayed wuth him through out his struggle till now were going to be left behind. This was his journey alone. He was supposed to cover it on his own. Indeed, your goals and dreams sometime draw you apart from your family. However, you can't deny that it only makes you stronger. It allows you to grow as an individual and come out as a ln experienced warrior who has won infinite battles.

They were relishing the last few minutes of together before the announcement of his flight echoed. Manik bit his lips as it was time. He embraced his parents, took blessings from piya's and kissed her forehead one last time.

"I will miss you, Jaan." He sighed before picking up his luggage and leaving. "Bye mom. Bye dad. Take care and miss me lot." He waved and strode ahead with his luggage and ticket.

~~~

At San Francisco,

"Blimey!! This is thousand times better than the magazine view." Manik walked out of the airport with his belonging as he exclaimed at the beautiful scenario across him.

The roads were neater than any ramp walk's platform, there were amazingly shimmering cabs looking for their customers, guards watching around at the place while the passengers who boarded down left the area.

"The winters... Freak. Thanks piya, good that you packed my bag otherwise I would be dying in cold now." joy bubbled in his murmuring and excitement shone in his eyes.

He was looking around here and there when a tap landed on his shoulder. "Mr. Malhotra?" Manik saw a young guy looking at him.

"Yeah?" He replied while seeing a board of his name in his hand.

"Welcome to San Francisco.y name is Maan Sarkaar. I've been sent here to pick you up." He chirped forwarding his hand further for a handshake.

"Nice to see you, Mr. Sarkaar. Are you an Indian?" Manik read the features of the young guy.

He looked around not more than twenty and has a pleasing smile with cute dimples. His hair was short and styled while his dark black eyes glistened at him excitingly. The guy was dressed in casual black jeans and a tee with thick knee length coat, and muffler around his neck. From his clothing, it gave him a sense he was a rich man's son.

"Yes, I am. Our Ceo sent me to attend you and guide you to your room in our very own hotel until you meet our Ceo." He spoke taking one of the two bags Manik had and guided him outside the airport.

Manik can't keep his delight to himself and squealed in pleasure feeling on top of the world." Wow, I'm so excited to meet the ceo. Finally! " He chirped as they apprached the parking area outside the port.

Maan didn't look happy about his joyful expressions. He twisted his lips and sat inside the car as if he was pissed off. That was legit noticed yet ignored by Manik as he continued to think about Mr. Sarkar. He has heard alot about him and today his wish of meeting him in person was going to be fulfilled.

Mr. Ram Maheshwari created the empire on his own. He came from a poor family and just like any other hardworking and dedicated businessperson, he created the colossal empire of maheshwari enterprises. Manik grew up getting inspired by the man. What would he more enticing than meeting him physically? He just can't wait to sit across him. The man who taught him to dream.

Tbc...

(He's finally thereeee... What's coming ahead??? Looks like Maan loves the Ceo too... You think he'll win over Manik. Do vote and comment. Love you guys ❤️❤️)

Precap- Envious argument and first meet!!!

Next part- after 50 votes.