57

Manik took a cab and sat inside. He looked outside the window thinking about every enemy he had abd could dare to target his men while he was away.

It happened in Vegas in one of his casinos. Manik had every desire to fly back there and deal with the matter himself but Nandini's thoughts restrained all the desires he had. He bit back a grunt as he pulled out his phone to message Elijah.

It was good his right hand was present there to take care of the matters. Manik may not be available physically there, his friend cum right hand would be just enough to deal with everything.

'Got any hint?' He hit that in to Elijah on messenger.

He was waiting for his reply when he reached his destination. Having paid the cab with tip, Manik hastily ventured ahead into a displeasing building. Any sophisticated rich individual would hardly ever visit here. It was shabby with gloominess. There were trash cans lined together and doors painted with vague patterns and symbols.

Manik got into one of the doors in the area and closed himself in. He put the lights on and turned to face the wall. It was a web one would see having pictures, cutouts from newspaper and marking done with markers and circles at the faces of photographs stuck with pins.

It was a small sanctuary he built to carry out illegal tasts and meetings. Since nandini and others frequently visited his apartment he couldn't dare build such crevice in his apartment. It was also small with little place that was not enough for himself. Hence Manik built this in a distant isolated shabby place no one would ever think of visiting.

He sat in a chair and switch his a pc on that was one of his possessions in the room. It helped him seek information of all his enemies in case he needed to attack them— only if They were under suspect.

Manik was about to call Elijah and ask what's taking him so long when his cell phone buzzed. "Why is he calling me?" He wondered and put the speaker to his ear.

"Manik?"

"What makes the Australian capo call his goddamn rival on a day like this? What do you want?" Manik snapped without caring to acknowledge his soft voice.

It did thrill Manik as Gino Misquitta, the capo of Australian mafia, never talked to anyone with such tone. He was known for his rudeness and acidic tone.

"I want to confess." Gino Misquitta said, making Manik stare at the screen of the loading pc.

He rested back in the ad his leg cross over the other, "Confess what?"

"The firing in your Vegas Casino." It erected Manik's back.

He comprehended it somewhere as to why this call was made yet Manik remained quiet and let him continue.

"In your casino, my guys fired the shots. To begin with, they were completely unaware that it belonged to you. Secondly, they were had no clue of the folks with whom they were dealing. A little quarrel escalated into a violent shooting, and rest I'm you've been inform. They didn't plan to make a choas, Manik." Manik didn't utter a word.

He was not angry. All his frustration he had when he received the information now seemed to have turned to vapour. He took a deep intake of oxygen and straightened his back.

"I had ordered Elijah to make a list of people he had a doubt on. I was determined killing them to make up for the lives of my men. But now that you've confessed it—"

"It wasn't intentional, you know that." Manik smiled as he was cut by Gino. He liked the hesitation in his voice.

"We've never had issues between us before nor I wish to have any in future. As i said it wasn't intentional, I believe it will not give rise to any rift between us." He was clearly hesitating but he didn't apologise.