Chapter 4. Don't You Think, He Fooled You?

"And she hit me on my head saying that I was dumb and he fooled me! Now why will a manager fool me. And isn't that correct, my degrees were way too good to get that trivial job. I only wanted to get inside the Maheshwari Enterprises anyhow?" Manik said over the phone call to his beauty queen, Piya.

He was actually ranting across his girlfriend like that because of his mother. Actually after returning from his interview, Manik happily disclosed everything that happened inside the cabin of the manager during the interview. He honestly informed his mother about the exclusive request the manager had promised to do with regard to his position in the company and how he returned home without getting the job he had gone there for notwithstanding, Mrs. Malhotra ended up screaming on him saying that the manager fooled Manik and he could not catch him!

"Oh Manik, I get your message but isn't mom right!" Manik stiffened. He flipped over his stomach from his stomach and crossed one leg over the other as he laid cozily on the bed listening to his girlfriend's words. "I mean, why would a manager show such interest in you all of a sudden? Don't you think he was spoke way too nicely to you about your application and the post you deserved and all..." Piya added further.

Manik sighed shaking his head negatively. Why can't these women get a thing without suspecting over it!

Piya was no different. She was like any other woman acting naive and senseless. Manik twisted his lips listening Piya's words coming from his phone. He stared at the ceiling above and nodded his head with the expressions of disinterest.

"Could it be that he only shooed you away so he can take the further interviews and find someone who worked fine under less remuneration. I mean, as you said, your degrees are way too good to work on an assistant's position so may be that man simply rejected you because he wanted to avoid paying you more. If you look at it that way then... "

" Then I should say, my dear girlfriend, you are too much!" Manik cut Piya in the middle of her sentence and sarcastically exclaimed.

From the pitch of his voice, it was clear he was now getting bothered by his lady since she was taking their conversation in a different direction. Manik played with his hair smiling to himself. He bit his lips sensing Piya feel uneasy. The silence was evident that she was uncomfortable. And that is because Manik shut her down and literally ended the conversation witha hiss.

Piya was shy who only opened up before Manik. She was so naive and delicate that her tongue barely uttered a word across others if it was not for Manik. And so, Manik knew, his girl was regretting talking like that and sighed.

"Love, I know you respect my dreams and trust me I am very much obliged to have you do that. But Piya, why don't you trust me on this matter too! I do feel like the manager was not fooling me any way. Okay, let's just stop talking about it... Now tell me, what are you doing in the evening?" Manik curiously asked after having explained her his perspective.

He heard a sigh coming from the other side of the phone and smiled. " Obviously I am free! You are asking as if you don't know that. Manik, don't you think you have started to act too over smart these days, hmm!" Piya remarked.

A smile crept on Manik's face imagining her frown. This woman was damn cute. She fell silent at one point but at the other, she talked too much.

"Okay then, I will come up pick you up for a date. And yeah don't forget to wear dark brown shade, you look hot in brown, my dark chocolate..." Manik deviously spoke on the call.

Tbc...

(Hope you liked the chapter. Do you really think he fooled manik? Let's see further...)