Chapter 3. Is That A Joke!

(I promise updates will be frequent, so don't you worry about the regularity of the updates. Just read and enjoy and vote for me on the book and comment. More.... If you really missed me, go and follow my author's account on Instagram @chantinglove138 for more information on this book❤️)

He sat across a well dressed man, who was probably in his mid thirties. His eyes examined the documents and the degrees Manik  provided him after his introduction. The room was extraordinarily lavish with a big rectangular window in the left side. There lied a sofa set in the right part of the cabin whereas a sophisticated set of shelf beside it with lots of books (related to business and profit) placed in it.

Most of the books were read by him. And some were the books that he was currently reading and aiming to read. “I must say Mr. Malhotra, your achievements is awesome! I am already impressed by your acquired certificates.” The HR manager, Mr. Adam Saxena adjusted his specs on his nose as he complimented Manik .

It was indeed amazing to have such a candidate. He held too many certifications in various courses that was enough to fetch the position of a chairman in any multinational company. In fact, he could easily snatch away the HR manager’s post if wanted, but that was not why he was here.

Manik  has a set goal. Although his achievements and acquired degrees were eye widening however his wishes were small. He just wanted the job of assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) since that was the only post vacant in the Mehashwari Enterprises as for now.

Definitely he was worthy of getting a big position but it all depended on the posts available. And his determination that he wanted to work only and only in the Maheshwari Enterprises, he did not mind giving an interview for such a small post like an assistant of COO.

Alright, that was not needed to discuss that he deserved a higher position. In fact the expressions of the interviewee told that the candidate deserved more than what he has come here for.

So with a small sigh, he picked up the receiver of the land line placed in the extreme right side on his seat. He dialled few digits and talked over the receiver, “Sheena the previous candidate, Miss. Kiara Bajaj, I have directed her to submit a copy of her resume and documents. Please call her and inform her that she has been selected for the post of assistant of COO.” His words left Manik  in utmost shock.

His eyes widened to the size of saucers and lips quivered with rising anger.

Wasn’t he just told that his achievements were impressing? Then what was so unsettling about his application that the previous candidate has to be chosen for the post. Why not him?

“But sir, you just said I deserve better post then why would you want to hire the last interviewer but me!” Manik  calmly exclaimed.

Though he was from the type of guys who would lose their temper within seconds however this was not the moment to show anger.

Some areas required patience and good sense of understanding. And so Manik  had to show off the qualities which he never possessed— the quality of patience.

Any ways, the manager smiled, he sipped a few gulps from his glass of water before he clarified Manik ’s doubts, “Exactly Mr. Malhotra, you heard me right. You are an excellent resource that I am sure our CEO would not appreciate being hired for a trivial job as that of an assistant for COO. You deserve much better place, Mr. Malhotra.” The lines of tension that has appeared on his head quickly cleaned off soon after hearing the manager speak.

“And that is why I already emailed my CEO to consider you for the post of Departmental head with a soft copy of your resume and degrees. There is a place of the said designation vacant in the San Francisco branch.” Informed the manager while Manik ’s thorat onl dried up.

Hope he was not kidding. He have searched out every freaking detail regarding Maheshwari Enterprises and from what he knows, the San Francisco’s branch was their Principal branch. That branch which makes the one third of profits of the over all profits of the campany. The main office was also located in San Francisco. Did he really want Manik  to go there?

He have got to be kidding him!

It was not a joke though, the manager cleared his with his further explanation,
“We are always in search of young and passionate employees like you. I really don’t want your skills to be left unexplored Mr. Malhotra.” The manager chuckled, one can catch the greed and dominance in his voice. “No company would want a gem like you to be used for a small work. I did what I can do the best for you Manik . Now the rest depends on our CEO. We will have to wait for the reply from the other end. Till then you will have to wait. Is it okay for you, Mr. Malhotra?” With a question the manager finally finished his words.

The interview has nearly come to an end. At such crucial point how can he say a no? In fact, it was a matter to celebrate, wasn’t it?

Manik  have come here for the position of an assistant. Not even in his wildest dreams can he wonder of getting such a post— the post of a departments head that too in the San Francisco branch! It was everything he can ask for.

“I am absolutely fine with that, sir. Instead, I am thankful that you recommended my name for a higher post I truly appreciate it.” Replying with a warm smile Manik  rose from the seat.

The manager looked pleased with his answer. Who on earth would refuse to such an offer!

“Okay then, see you soon Mr. Malhotra. I will inform you as and when I get a reply from our CEO. Let’s hope for the best.” With that, the two gentlemen shook hands and departed carrying on with their works.

While Manik  exited through the door the Manager busied himself in making a call.

Manik  parked his vehicle outside the house. He literally ran inside the house leaving the door of his car wide opened. “Mom!!! Mom!!!!!!” On his way inside the kitchen he shouted loudly calling for his mother.

She was in her room reading some books when her ear drums rang with her son’s voice. He was back from the interview.

Mrs. Malhotra quickly put her magazine aside and walked out of the room, her heart beating increasing with her increasing steps until she finally met her gorgeous boy. “Mom, you won’t believe what happened in the interview today!!!” Tejaswini let out a hearty laugh feeling her body being picked up from the floor and swirled around in the air while he squealed in joy, “Mom, I am so damn happy.”

Tbc…

(I used an app to change the names, so if you still see other names apart from Manan... Don't forget to comment and let me know)

Question...

Which was your fav manan scene from kyy?

Mine was the beginning scene where manan meet the very first time and nandu's fireflies jar was about to fall but manik saves it abd gives her back.

Let's re-watch the show today, what's say?

Follow @chantinglove138 on Instagram plzzz.