38

"Nandini?" He was just as startled as her.

The party was a curse. It spoiled his mood. Rest what was left was affected by the way he had seen her laugh with her body sticking to his before he left.

He needed an excuse to exit. Seeing the CEO who had already blew his mind off had forced himself to take a leave. The problem was how?

Leaving informed would have been considered rude and offending to his friends. He was a great company. They enjoyed being around him. Manik was thinking about a way when someone from the office approached him.

He was unaware of her name but he very well recognized her. She worked in the marketing department. She needed to head back home since her health had started deteriorating due to overdrinking. When she came to him, she shuddered and literally fell in his lap and her head over his own out of dizziness.

Good that nobody was near them or else they would have taken it for something else. The fall that was out of a vague faint could have led to undesirable guess. Glad, it didn't.

Glad she approached him. Although it was just a shot taken by her but she didn't know Manik would take it. He was looking for a way to escape, she gave it to him. And then, she was led by him to the parking lot where he helped her settle in and drop her home.

Having taken her thanks and all, Manik came back to his apartment as he had no wish to go there back and watch that. Watch their CEO with her new client. She was just an employer... Yet something in his chest wriggled, hurting him immensely.

He had cursed himself for feeling like that when he entered the elevator. He sought to consume some beer, watch a movie and go back to sleep. Alas, all his thoughts went back to blur when the door open.

The Ceo from the club was here... In front of him!

He rubbed his eyes while coming out. Was it an illusion? It was her why he escaped the club. She seemed quite enjoying herself wuth her new company.

Why would she come here? To him? To a man who didn't even save her from the injuries that left visible scars on her skin. The one on her forehead was still pink. It was healing. But it was left uncovered for the air to cure.

"Bloody hell... I hate her! The assault in the club was not enough that I am assuming her here now." with a grit of his teeth he said out loud.

Manik set his foot forward. As soon as he shove the mirage of the CEO away while waving it apart with his hand, he saw that she stumbled, "Ahh!" and cry in daze as her body bent back, almost falling on the ground.

Earlier than she kissed the cold floor, his hands came around her waist and pulled her close. Manik was in a state of stupor. He did not blink his eyes at all. His hands slowly caressed her waist trying to assure whether or not she was real.

And damn him... She was fucking real.

It was proved when she gasped with enlargement of her eyes. And when her hands on his shoulders tightened their clutch.

"Y-you.. You are really here?" He asked.

Still in shock to realize she was here, Manik held her close. He studied her face closely. The tears. The redness. The plumpness of her red lips. And the hue on her nose. Everything. Having closely observed her facade for a time being, he unfurled uncurled his right hand.

Its fingers pushed away the hair from her forehead and thumb stroked the pink scar. It was turning darker. All thanks to her for creasing her hair frequently. Then his hand moved down, to her waist. She was hurt there as well. His palm pressed against her skin over her dress that a gasp erupted from her mouth.