61

Hii, you guys have been waiting for updates on this book and here it is. Ik I'm late but I was hoping the target would be achieved as we were hardly some votes behind. But that's okay, I'll update without caring about targets. 🙃 There are plenty who wants to read but very few who interact and motivate us as authors.

Writing a chapter is tougher than you could imagine. I'd say it's harder than drawing and painting. And when you comment even do much as leave a small smiley, it makes us know that there are people waiting to read the book.

It's only for the loyal ones I'm updating 🤗🤗🤗 thanks so much. And I'm sorry for the delay, I'll try to update as much as I can now~ Enjoy reading!

Ps. This chapter will leave me frustrated, so read at your risk.

****

Manik's POV 

"Where is he?" I asked as the car halted and I hopped out hurriedly. 

"Inside your office." Elijah informed, we both started sprinting further. 

I wasn't sure how I was going to give this news to him. My fingers were clammy and pained as I fisted them. I've never felt this way. Never ever. A tremble of distress rushed through my veins and I started wondering how I was going to start this. Since Nandini's arrival, I have reportedly begun to feel emotions more strongly than ever before.

The door of my office was just five steps away. I stopped and took a deep breath. This is almost after six months I was going to see him after that afternoon near the airport. 

"You sure want to do it?" Elijah remarked behind me, peeling me out of my trance. 

I looked over my shoulder at his face. He was ready to take my place and share the news of his parents' accident on my behalf. As much as I wanted to say a yes, I declined with a negative nod of my head. This was my matter and I must deal with it. 

"Elijah, I want you to stay silent no matter what." I said while flexing my shoulders. 

"Got it," 

"No, you didn't get it yet." I looked at his face as I curled my fingers around the handle of the door. "I want you to stay silent even if he so much as strikes me."

That made Elijah's eyes amplify in bewilderment. "B-but," he began but stopped as if he inferred as to why I was asking him to do that. 

"Okay, I'll instruct the others inside the room as well." With that being said, I clicked the door open and walked in. 

My eyes landed right in front, at the guy sitting in a mahogany chair. His eyes fearfully flickered. He began to shiver in his seat as he looked up from his hands. He was hyperventilating in fear at the sight of me. 

I quietly walked within the center of the room. My men arranged a chair for me. Making myself comfortable in it, I ran a hand through my hair as I I assessed the face of the guy I had been impersonating—the real Manik Malhotra. 

He had lost his weight. His skin was darker than the shade I had seen him last time. There were deep dark circles under and around his eyes like a raccoon's. I couldn't believe it was the Manik Malhotra I saw six months ago before I took over his place in Maheshwari Enterprises. 

"We are going to send you back to India, Manik." I said, trying not to sound scary. 

Manik's eyes flickered once again. A ray of hope glinted intensely as the corners of his mouth deepened into a small faltering smile. 

I watched him close and open his fists reluctantly as he bit his lip, "R-really? Will you really send me back to India... Back to my parents?"

"Yes, my men will take you back to India in my private jet tomorrow morning." I replied.