Chapter 12

Back to the present,

She was so lost in the picture, on the resume, that she couldn't realize when her hand hit the mug of coffee and when it fell!!

It was the loud noise of the breaking cup that nandu came out of her trance and blinked her eyes. She was so grasped by the happening that she nearly jerked her chair backward. It was done with such force that she went a metre away and stopped there with a beating heart.

"Ma'am?" The voice of her secretary, rung in the room. "Oh my goodness, are you okay, ma'am?" She immediately walked within.

The PA forgot the basic manners and just took a leap towards her chair and held the arm of the same. She bent forward and held nandu's arm, "Did it spill on you?" while she checked her skin.

Thankfully, she was in one piece with no bruise or burn marks. The PA sighed gladly after her boss shook her head in yes. She immediately moved away for the realization fell on her like a thinderbold.

Jeez!!! Her ma'am was strict with business etiquettes. How could she make such a blunder and forget to knock before entering!

The poor PA bit her lips in dread. Nevertheless the answer that came was relieving, "I am okay. Thanks for rushing in, Megha." She smiled, learning that her boss was not mad on her like usual.

"Uhh please call a poen and get this cleaned." She spoke as her fingers went to grab her phone.

The PA nodded in yes, "Sure ma'am."

"Okay. In the mean time, I will just go and grab myself some fresh air." And she exited the cabin, leaving a confused PA.

"What happened to nandini ma'am? She never behaved like this before?" She murmured to herself. "Strange, I never saw her act so weird."

~~~~

Nandu came to the terrace of her office building. The cool, breezy environment set her heart at ease. She gulped some big deep breaths and stood by the side of a wall. Her back went to take it support as her hands pressed the hair backwards.

"It was him, the same guy I saw three years ago. Damn, it was really him." She pulled the phone across her face.

Nandu started the screen again. Precisely, staring at the unclear picture stuck on the resume with a dreamy smile on her face, "Manik Malhotra," She smiled wide and crazily. "That is your name! Wow. I can't believe it."

She kept her other hand on the heart. Nandu felt her heart beating wildly inside her rib cage as her eyes drank the sweet nectar of his handsome face. The pic was not clearly visible to her eager view, but who cares? She could see him, and that was all that mattered.

"3 years, it has been three freaking years to that day. I can't tell you how hard I tried to find you. I used all my strength but you were unreachable." She unbelievably uttered with her lips curving into a confusingly petrified grin. "I prayed to god to help me find you. I did everything I could. I can't tell what I am feeling right now. Huh."

She was out of words and it was legit visible on her facade.

"After my sources said they can't find you, I thought I would never see you again. But look, here you are. As one of the candidates who want to join my firm. Gosh, is this even possible?" She chuckled to herself, this was going far beyond her level of patience. "I looked for you everywhere until my stay in Mumbai, and here you are. Geez, I can't believe you went to attend an interview session with my manager, I just," She suddenly paused.

Nandi changed the slide and removed the dial pad on her phone. She typed the initials of the number of the HR manager of her Indian branch immediately. The phone didn't ring even for a while that it got picked up.

" Hello, "She heard the mainly voice on the other hand.

However, she didn't let him speak anything further and quickly said, "Hello, Mr. Mehta, I went through the resumes of the candidate you sent,and I want to tell you that I have changed my mind."

"Uhh, okay. So what do i have to do ma'am." The manager replied confusingly.

No sooner he asked that than nandu answered, "Call up the candidate, Manik malhotra and inform him about his selection in the Francisco branch."

"Whet?" the manager aghastly spoke.

But nandu ignored his daze and formally replied, "Yes, Mr. Mehta. I went through his application and I must say, I need such candidates in my office. So talk to him and tell what I told you to."

Tbc...

Hmm we are late with the update. I'm sorry. But I hope you like this one. New journey starts soon. Yeah the steamy part is on its way 😈😈😈 do vote and comment.