35

Manik did not leave his apartment the whole day after he left office post the office hours.

He was pushed in a pool of miserable guilt that it became difficult to focus on anything else. He was in a dilemma. The promotion letter sat like a curse on his chest.

Everytime he looked at it, his heart sank and CEO Nandini's disarrayed and annoyed expressions flashed across his eyes. She looked disappointed. There was a glint of dissatisfaction that told about her expectations that went wasted.

The smiles she used to give him were no more there. Instead what he saw was an urgency to get rid of him.

This was never like this before?

Why had it changed now?

And why was it bothering him?

Manik slumped back in bed as he sought to focus on his game, Free fire. He lost it already thrice. And observing how was his performance now, he could see another defeat coming.

"Damn it!" he slapped the phone on mattress beside him.

He sided the quilt and crawled on his stomach. Digging his face in the pillow, Manik forced himself to forget it. But in vain.

He could not overlook it. Though it was a good news and it forever wanted a job where his dreams and personal life went together evenly. He wanted to live as a proud professional and also relish life with his family and Piya. But now...

Wait, manik looked up. Flickering his eyes, he reached for his phone. Ever since this accident happened and his shoulders got burdened with added responsibilities, he nearly forgot about his girlfriend. He neither talked to her nor saw her messages. But still, she never forgot to message him daily. He could calculate that just by the number of messages that has come from her— 250+ messages.

Manik went to settings and switched his read receipts off. He opened Piya's chats and was surprised to her messages. They all spoke of her corcern. Out of which, one read,

'Hi Manik, I hope you're doing well. I see my love is way too busy to revert back. But if you do, know that I'm missing you too much. Stay safe.'

He could not stop but worry his lip between his teeth.

He scrolled upwards and halted at one that caused his heart skip,

'Hi Manik, please don't be mad but... I met with an accident. Don't worry it was not severe. Just a vehicle hit me on street. My ankle is plastered. But as I said, it's not severe. Don't worry about it. I'm fine. Hope the same for you:)'

Eyes widening in bewilderment, Manik sat straight on bed. The quilt slid down his bare torso while he stared at her message.

Yet, the overwhelm died real soon when he saw the date. It was from two weeks ago.

Manik was scrolling upwards. All her messages poured love and concern. Packed with sweet greeting and care filled wishes for night, Piya made sure his day was made if he read them in time. Only if he did which he didn't!

He had occupied himself, reading all her messages one by one, carefully. A sweet soft serene smile befell his facade until it was disturbed by a call from a fellow colleague.

"Hi, Jackson." Manik answered.

"Good evening, bro. Where are you? You didn't even see us before leaving office today." He was greeted with a cheerful manly voice.

"Umm, nothing. I had to rush earlier due to done causes. I'm at my apartment btw." Manik played with the end of his blanket, slumping back on bed.

His friend was heard sighing before he replied, "Dude, what are you doing in your apartment now? We thought you'd be on your way to here."

"Where?" Asked Manik.

"Our new client has thrown a party for all employees of Maheshwari enterprises. Everyone was invited, and they have arrived already. Where are you?" Manik twisted his mouth.

He would go if he remembered it. And ur was impossible since the hot and curt CEO had blown his mind with a shocking news already.

And keeping in mind at how disturbed he was, he could not think he was ready to go!

Manik let out a breath and replied, "Ah, I forgot about it!"

"Manik? How could you, bro. The party is awesome so many hot chick's from other departments has come as well. Come over, dude. You'd so love it." His friend insisted.

Manik refused, he gave his reasons. Even told his friend he wasn't feeling like, but in the end, he lose the argument.

"Umm, okay. I will be there in sometime."

"Cool, we're waiting then. Be here soon." Manik grinned, he has developed such a nice bond with the people in such a short time.

Once the phone conversation was over, Manik jumped out of the bed whilst stretching his hands. He quickly pulled out a pair of black jeans and black shirt, and dashed inside the washroom. Although he was still unknown to the eventful evening, one thing was obvious, it was going to embark a new journey of passion and possession.

***

At the xyz club,

"Heyyyy, Manik is here!" Jerry hooted, catching all who were sitting in a booth look at their shoulders at him.

Their Jaws hung in daze. He looked gorgoes in the shade of black. He was seen in shirts but not like this. His funky, charming look with messy hair style and those charcoal eyes smiling at them as he approached their booth, set the girls' hearts on fire while the guys envied him surprisingly.

"Hey," Manik waved at them and took an empty seat next to Nia, one of his female colleagues.

"You look hot." It was Shirley, a blonde who forever flirted with him.

It caused him roll his eyes. And then burst into a cute smile, "Gosh, you are the first woman to make me uncomfortable with your eyes!"

Shirley raised her eyebrows with a sinister smirk as she sat on the edge of the circular table placed in the center, across from Manik, and she leaned forward whilst grabbing his collars, "Really? Then why don't you let me make you comfortable in bed, huh!" As soon as she finished, a series of naughty hoots and cheers broke in the noisy environment.

While Manik smiled defeatedly at her flirty remark, a pair of chocolaty brown eyes fumed in anger as they glared him from afar, "Such a bastard! I mistook him for a nice person."

Tbc...

PRECAP:

Manan's FIRST NIGHT

Precap will have your heart on fire! You'll see it in the next chapter. No added Explanation here, let's see it directly in the upcoming chap. Now... You'll only see 18+ stuff 😈✌

Target: 130 votes 20 comments
(for 2 chapters;)