24

She sweated badly whole looking at the floor! Maan was bleeding. His forehead had a big lump on the right side, deep cuts on his lower lip as his nose bled at the same time.

He laid three like a dead corpse and she fretted. She quickly kneeled down before him and checked fir his breaths by putting her fingers in front of hear nose. Gosh, her respiration normalized seeing to it that he was breathing. So he has really passed out. He didn't die.

"Why are you even checking for his breaths, Ms. Maheshwari? Bastards like him deserve to die. Come on, get up." He advanced towards her, his fingers bit into a upper arm and Manik made her stand.

However it came as a huge astonishment that her face was totally flushed. Her mouth was slightly open as you would see someone who is under great trauma act like that, she had the same kind of expressions. Her irises quietly stilled on his face like seeing him in that condition was the last thing they had ever desired to ever set their focus on. Her body was trembling wth slow ripples as though she was forced to stand on a vibrating platform that her body could not resist.

He was analysing her looks with undistracted heed as long as she didn't say, "He was not really at fault!!!!"

"WHAT?" his jaw dropped.

She gave him a look of aghast as she slowly mouthed, "Yeah, I mean... He- he does flirt with me but... He was... Not forcing me." she spilled the truth with some hesitation.

"...." Manik was totally numb.

He stared between her and Maan's face not being able to trust her words.

She couldn't not be true, could she?

" If... If he wasn't forcing you then why... Why did you scream for help???" He questioned firmly, obviously without forgetting to express his surprise.

She made him beat the heck out of an innocent guy. Manik blew out some air from his mouth and looked away while resting his hands on his waist.

Nandini looked down on the floor as there was no answer to his question. There was one but she could not dare give it to him. She had known he would take her call for help so seriously.

Maan was a naughty guy. He frequently came earlier just so he could get some time with the hot CEO. This time she purposely left him a message to arrive at office early as she had some business to settle with him. It got Maan so excited that he could not keep his hands away from her when she came closer to him. He was being as naughty as always—but the CEO had some other plan in her head!

She warned him that she would call for help if he didn't walk away rather than dealing with him her way. Maan was so into her that when she did shout like he was forcing her, he could not believe it yet remain in the same position. Not until she started crying all of a sudden.

"Help me take him to the hospital!" after taking a long pause and ignoring his query, she announced.

"Definitely I would... I put him in this situation after all." He expressed with a tinge of disappointment, and sat across his unconscious figure to pick up.

~~~~

"Ughh, that hurts!!!" Maan covered his forehead upon the big lump and hissed.

He was sitting in the hospital bed in the very hospital gown for patients. His wounds were nicely bandaged and being a strong individual, he awoke within a few minute after he was brought here.

"You are PATHETIC!" he grumbled rubbing the area the doc just injected him on the arm.

There were his new colleague aka Manik and the heartless CEO aka Nandini. They held a sorry face as they saw the doctor leave them alone.

"I am sorry, I thought..."

"You thought I was forcing her, didn't you???" Maan was high on anger. He cut manik in the mid sentence and literally shrieked. "Forcing the CEO would be the last thing I'd do. And doing it to the woman I love is out of the box question!!! Idiot!"

"I am sorry, I really am." Manik lowered his head in guilt.

The pain and anxiety reflecting through her screams were so intense that he could not stop assuming something like that. He had never encountered any one scream like that unless they were being forced!

"I thought she was... In real danger." he looked at nandu s face via his peripheral vision in disappointment.

Her voice was crazily agonizing. Even if it was not forcing, the say she ran to him literally looked like one. For a sec, manik would not have got so mad if she had not ran to him like a damsel who was gonna be thrown in a pit of distress.

Although it was him who gave him the wounds, nandini was the cause why they were even inflected on him in the first place.

"I wish I could smash your fucking face. Let me be okay then I will show you, bloody malhotra. Fuck off from my eye sight, I don't want to see your ugly face." This was the first time someone being so rude to Manik, even then he quietly shook his head and disappeared from the room after mouthing an apology.

While Nandu, who had been silent all the while chewed the insides of her left cheek, 'He is disappointed by me huh.' she thought with tears flashing in her eyes.

Tbc...

Precap: First kiss

Do lots of votes and comments❤