20

Next morning, Manik woke up real quick and got ready. He didn't want to get late and annoy Nandini Maheshwari, the beautiful Ceo. Don't know why but he was just not able to do anything that would disappoint her. Like nothing.

And as a result of that feeling he got up earlier and reached the office building even before it hasn't started. Manik was firmly greeted by the watchman who was preparing to begin his day for today as he shared his enthusiasm and entered the building.

He took his time to check out all the floor and looked all the important places in the building. His mouth curved into a smile of satisfaction when he came across his cabin. It was not big but really cool. And guess what? It was located nearer to the Ceo's office.

Never mind, Manik started off the day greeting to all the people he was now going to work with. He was having good time with them until he noticed Maan making fun of him with some other guys.

"You should've seen his face last day! He was totally scared and worried about his meet with our cold yet hottie Ceo, Nandini Maheshwari." Maan said aloud as he high fived with one of the guys, Neil, he was talking to.

"He looks handsome. Unfortunately his charm won't work on the Ceo. She's a born bitch. She will fuck him without even fucking him. Lol." Neil laughed looking at Manik who was chatting with one of the employees.

"Yeah, he's handsome but he should know his position is nothing here." Maan said again, his face crossing with envy.  "Let us show him his position today in the lunch break."

Manik raised his eyebrows while he smiled at the girl he was talking to as he heard Maan and his words, 'I am also waiting for you. Let's see in the canteen who'll see whom.'

***

In the lunch break,

Canteen...

" Shit, the meeting was freaking tiring! I feel wary already." Nandini came walking inside the canteen with a side purse.

She had an important meeting hence couldn't see Manik working on his first day. But she made sure to infirm him in time and take care of his duty as the departmental head for HR though email. She so wanted to message him via his number but assuming that it would look awkward, she just changed her mind and sent him a mail.

His reply was instant. Like a few minutes later and she knew he got up earlier in the morning. She was already cast spell by him, and this impressive personality of his was making her fall for him more.

"I want to see you Manik! Where are you?" She hit her steps to the canteen, biting her lips.

"Good afternoon, ma'am."

"Afternoon Ma'am."

"Good day, dear CEO."

Everyone greeted her nicely. Obviously there was fear on their face. She was not a 'cool with everyone' kind of boss. She was strict, talked less and shouted more. Just like cold hearted CEO you must have read in a novel. And because of that issue of hers, nobody ever talked to her more. They only spoke when it was necessary.

"Hmm." She nodded at everyone while her eyes searched for him.

'Where is he?? I don't see him anywhere. Didn't he come come for lunch!' she thought walking further and further, alas there was no sign of him.

And to her surprise, there were less number of employees as compared to regular. There were hardly twenty or more employees, rest others were missing!

Well every department had their lunches at different timing in order to avoid crowding. There were five batches as such. And every batch held a hundred and fifty employees or so. But at the moment she can only see twenty or something.

Being tired herself, Nandini stopped one of the employees and asked her, "Have you seen our new Departmental head, Mr. Malhotra?"

The girl's eyes widened. She looked everywhere but nandini's face as her facial expressions clouded with dread.

"What's wrong???" Nandu asked again.

To which, the girl played with her fingers and responded, "Uhh Ma'am, Mr. Malhotra and Maan... Uhh, they are in the playground behind the office building."

"What? Why???" Nandu was shocked.

Why would they go there during lunch time?

Anyways the girls dreadfully looked at Nandini and replied that took nandu's breaths away, "Ma'am, Maan challenged Mr. Malhotra for a basketball match and he accepted!"

Tbc...

(I've been feeling very low since the morning but thankfully was able to write this. Any lovely reader who wants to talk, Plzz Dm. 😭😭😭 BTW I hope you like the chapter and loving the updates. Complete target soon so we get new chapters daily. I set target so to see you guys are really into the story and you want to read it 😁😉😁)

Target: 70 votes.