43

Next day Manik arrived at the office building two hours before the office hours. He had an important business to settle with CEO Nandini. No no, it was not related to the actual business but to their personal lives and whatever that happened between them in these days.

He had just stepped inside the elevator that his phone buzzed with a message in his pocket. As he took it out and looked at the sender, his fingers went stiff and pupils gawked at it for a while— Piya, it was her.

Manik did not even check her messages and simply went to the settings and muted her. His expression faltered for a second but then without any guilt or bad feeling, he stuff it back in his pocket and behaved as if nothing happened.

When he was inside his cabin, his phone vibrated with a call which again belonged to Piya. He stared at it and was just an inch away from pressing the green call icon when the sound of high heels hitting on the tiled floor hit his ear drums.

"Thanks for the schedule, Lancy. Now if you don't mind then can I ask you to fix a meeting with Mr. Lancelot, the famous reviewer. I would like him to write an article for our company for the White Magazine." His lips curved as he it was Nandini's voice.

She was very finally here. And her presence alone was enough to make him forget everything even Piya's call! Because then, he promptly cut the call and put his phone on airplane mode. It was not to he doubted as to why he did that, was it?

Anyways, Manik followed her voice and without knocking on the door or making her aware of his existence, he walked in her cabin. She was placing her bag in one of the two chair before her sesi desk when Nandini noticed him.

She was still on the call when Manik came close to her. Flickering her eyes in daze, Nandini gaped at him as she was indeed overwhelmed.

Had not she warned him to cross her path again or come look at her until it was necessary? Then what brung him here.

"Lancy, I will talk to you later!" She hung and brought her eyes at him.

While she folded her hands, her heart in the chest thumped observing his boldness. Because last day after that hot kiss where he almost stripped her naked, Nandini made it clear to her that she was not interested in him. She was still mad at his words and how he made her feel then.

She had left him in his car and took a cab to go back home. Through out the day then, she avoided his calls or going out of her apartment as she knew that he would try to meet her.

In the morning today she had gotten the same feeling. Still she came earlier given that she had predicted that he would come for her. And she liked it.

Nandini enjoyed his attention and his attempts. She had given in to him long ago however this side of his was more than lovely.

"What brings you here, Mr. Malhotra?" she asked with a neutral face.

Manik came forward, his hand trying to grab her waist. She flinched away and eyed him with warning ringing him. Though he waadk annoyed, Manik maintained his cool and answered her, "You know it already, don't you?"

"Nope, I don't know." She lied.

"Really, Nandini?" He gave her an unbelievable look.

Could she really forget it all so easily? Like really.

"What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Ummm I..." He paused and stared at her in amazement while Nandini kept her brow arched.

"Be quick Mr. Malhotra, I have to attend an online conference in ten minutes." He ground his teeth whilst grazing her face with dark eyes.

Nandini enjoyed it inwardly but from the expressions, it seemed as if she really didn't know why he was here. Irrespective of how much Manik needed to believe that she was purposely doing it, he could not for they looked legit true.