21

Nandu's pov

What?? My eyes eventually widened at the disclosure of information while the girl immediately excused herself and walked away.

I stood there, rooted to my spot, stunned.

'Maan challenged Manik for a basketball match! Why would he do that to a new employee!'

Aah, a new employee.

I get it now. Maan purposely challenged Manik so that he could make fun of him. Like any other work place, he wanted to make him feel alien into this place so that he feels demotivated.

I emmdiately hit my steps ahead and initiated to reach the basket ball court. In our office building we have various play grounds built and a game room for the employees. We believe recreation is equally important as that of work, and employees are allowed to visit the game room and spend some leisure time there.

But this is not why these game rooms and grounds build! I moved my legs faster in order to reach there in time. My heart pounded insise my chest ad I came nearer to the basket ball court.

Hoots and cheerful noises were audible from afar. I didn't know what to think as the vision of Manik being made fun of flashed across my eyes. He is new here. I have seen his nervousness. Watching him lose and become a subject of fun will be the last thing I would to happen to him.

With a deep breath sucked in, I rushed inside the threshold and, oh my, my eyes lids widened in shock and amazement looking at the scene in front of me.

"Unbelievable!" my lips spread with a wide contenting smile as I looked at the score board.

Manik 39. Maan 3.

Manik was leading with awesome numbers. There, he basketed yet again after jumping high in the ground and throwing the ball inside the net.

Squeals of appreciation broke in the atmosphere. Manik was announced the winner. He threw his arms high in the air and screamed, "Yesssss!" with a victorious smirk on his cheeks.

I can't describe my emotions. My heart was beating rapidly within my rib. I don't why but I can feel the excitement of his victory filling my veins.

He had not noticed me. Nobody did and therefore I continued standing there. Mass of fellow employees rushed down on the ground from the seats they had occupied and rushed towards manik. I couldn't hear a thing as they mumbled together even then I can assume what would they be asking him.

They were probably appreciating him for his game and skills. Every pat of praise that landed on his back made me feel proud of my choice. I not only chose him as one of the most important parts of the management but also as my love. Yes, it's way too early but I am in love with him. I love him. I am in love with Manik Malhotra.

Manik's POV

I was on cloud nine. The cheers and screams of appreciation made my chest to swell in pride. And the looks on Maan's face, damn, they were worth watching.

When he challenged me for a basket ball match, I knew he was upto something but I didn't react. I pretended to be cool and unaffected as I accepted it.

"You were great Manik. Just love your skills."

"You could he a super duper player, Malhotra. What are you doing here? You were too good man."

"You impressed me, Manik. Didn't expect that coming."

I enjoyed the comments coming for me. This is not a new thing for me though. I have heard such remarks and had experiences many hands patting my back in college times. I was the captain of our basket ball team and a star player.

Only if Maan had known this, he would've refrained from playing with me. Poor kid.

With that thought in mind I excused my self from the crowd and walked to him. He was standing in the corner, cursing and cussing under his breath. When he saw me approaching him, he grittted his jaw and said, "Oh yeah, I know you won. You can criticize me and insult me for challenging you."

I only laughed which caught him more frustrated and surprise. He didn't seem in the mood to see me laugh so I quickly maintained myself. I put my hand around his shoulders, inspite of how much he grumbled and told him, " I don't know what's your problem bud, but I can tell you one thing that I am not up for a cold war. I didn't come here to make enemies."

"I never said you're my enemy either." I nodded my head in understanding as he said that.

"Still it looks like you want to make one." I replied looking here and there, and that's when my eyes drifted off to her face, our CEO.

A meere look of her face and I forgot everything. I just wanted to go there and talk to her. The smile on her face said that she saw the match and was impressed by my victory.

Jeez, I never imagined the CEO would attend my random match and see me play. I smiled back at her and was about to wave at her when she turned around and left. I was amazed at her behaviour. I can't help but think about her sudden change in expressions that went from smiley to serious before she left.

I was lost in my thoughts until I heard Maan snap, "She's mine, better you stay away from her."

Tbc...

Sorry for making you wait but here's your chapter. From the next chapter, things will improve bwteen them😈 are you guys ready??? Do vote and comment. Love you.

No target for this chapter as we updated after a long time but from next, we shall have the target:)