28

Her eyes, the darkest shade of red, watered as she sought to focus on the luminous screen of her laptop.

There was an agonized expression on her face.

An expression that depicted her remorse. Her worthlessness. Her emptiness and aloneness.

All that nandini ever desired for a partner who would love her. Shower her with his attention. And take care of her as his precious little secret.

Unfortunately... What she got was a guy who barely acknowledged her love. Someone she was forcefully making fall for her. A guy who maintained a safe distance as if she were a dangerous thing and he would be dammed if he didn't stay away from her.

"I will not think about it..." She sniffed, wiping away the moist from her flushed red cheeks.

The stake air under the locked room, her cabin, smelled nothing more than of her pain.

She had kept the door secured. Herself locked while she cried over the damned life of hers.

Nandini, no matter how hard she tried, she could not forget the looks of his eyes. He seemed alert. He seemed pissed off... He seemed... Disgusted by her. An emotion she had hardly assumed him to show.

It was creating an havoc in her mind. Hurting her feelings. Making her cry more and more... Hence, she busied herselg with work.

Lots and lots of work.

So much work that when the pale orange rays of descending sun perked inside her cabin via the huge windows, she didn't stir.

She remained there... Digging her eyes between the pages of the files. Staring at the screen of her laptop despite how her eyes ached. She just wanted to forget it. She wanted to believe it never happened.

It was then when he came... An intruder. An evil intruder with sinister smirk, dark egoistic emerald eyes conveying desires and lust, tall lean body that could be enough to manhandle her. The Ceo. The heartbroken Ceo who was disturbed.

"Mr. Jones?" She had left the door unlocked once every one left.

She thought she was alone... All by herself. She thought she was free to cry her heart out without being noticed. It was why he could enter within. But only if she had locked it... If only she had locked it then she'd been safe. Unharmed.

"Yes, Ms. Maheshwari, it's me... Bran Jones." He walked within, pushed the door close behind him as he read her uneasy movements.

"Uh, I have already informed your father about dispatching his files by tomorrow. Is there anything else you came here for???" She was thrilled, the air transformed from serene to alert and dark.

Nandini sensed the dread he walked within with, yet... Yet she maintained a straight face. A straight demeanour in spite how his eyes grazed her features.

She ground her teeth. It felt as if she was being scanned through her clothes. Through her sanity.

"It's not my father's files why I have come here for, Ms. Maheshwari." Her fingers bit into the edge of her desk. "It's you... Why I am here. I needed to discuss somethings with you."