31

Through the transparent glass window, luminous golden veil of sundial warm rays, peeked. They cast a square shape golden figure on the white tiled floor, while across it, Ceo Nandini laid on her bed.

She was unlike her, smiling and bemused. And why not, there have come a number of wishes for her associated with flower bouquets and message cards for her.

Her ward was filled with colourful, soft flowers. From the variant range of tulips to heavy crimson roses, from bright white fragrant jasmine to vibrant shades of orchits, she was sent them all.

As she sat on the bed, admiring her room decorated with the scent of soft petaled flowers, her PA read her the messages out of the lovely pleasing cards.

"And this one is from Mr. Harris, the chairman of Tellista institute of home decor collections, he says,

It was a shock to see such news air on television this morning. We are glad, you are fine, MS. Maheshwari. Wishing you a quick recovery, get well soon.

Wellwisher,

Bruno Harris,
Chairman of Tellista. "

A vibrant grin crept on her own lips. So many flowers. So many wishes and condolences.

This was too good to be true.

"I still don't believe these are really for me, Lancy? I thought, I thought all my employees, these people.... Everyone disliked me!" Nandini said, her smile faltering as she set her gaze on her PA fingers that gripped the card.

She was not unaware of the image she had in her organization. And after the same. Everyone assumed her rude, egoistic and an arrogant woman.

However, these messages. These flowers. They all expressed unsaid affection toward her. The Ceo who was unrecognized by her employees was receiving their heart warming wishes and prayers.

This was indeed so good that it cannot be true.

"Nobody disliked you, ma'am. No one can ever do it. Their fright can't be wrong for their hatred. It was their fear against your strictness... Try to be a little bit friendly with them like our department's head, Mr. Malhotra, and you will have a completely different experience." She reminded her of HIM, him the guy who... Who disturbed her during her unconsciousness.

Nandini bit her lips. She had a recollection of the familiar voice that spoke in her head. She inferred who it belonged to... And eventually she remembered the kiss.

He kissed her on the lips. A smell, rough kiss that was supposed to calm her down. It did the job, and also, made her so weak that she fell in a sleep of two long weeks out of relief of knowing that she was pure. She had not been tainted.

She was thinking about him and his kiss when her mind drew back to that evening. The remnant of that evening lingered across her eyes and her throat dried.

"I will sue that bastard!" She Whispered, her eyes formed tears.

It was not so tough to interpretate her words and the change of emotion that took place within her. Lancy held a small breath of sympathy as she watched her boss entertain brine in the cups of her eyes.

Her hand landed on the back of nandini's wrist. A light squeeze and she announced that scattered the clouds of revenge far away from Nandini's head, "Don't stress yourself, ma'am. That scoundrel has been taken care of. Mr. Malhotra dealt with him right within twenty four hours of his attack on you."

"What???" Her eyes popped out, Nandini gulped a dry knot below her trechea as she stared at her Pa.

"Mr. Malhotra broke him bad before he was arrested. As far as I know, twelve of his ribs, his left forearm, both shoulders, right limb and a few tooth were crushed by him before he sent him behind the bars for charges against attempt to murder along with molestation case on you. He literally shook the entire Shire empire while you were in bed!"

Lancy nodded with a soft vibrant grin and told her about our monster Manik's deeds.

Although it made a merry feeling seep through her heart, Nandini pressed her lips in amazement as she gawked in her front at the dust particles dancing in the air, under the golden sheet of sun rays.

"But," she couldn't express her views on this.

And she didn't have to when Lancy announced, "Your father, Mr. Maheshwari granted him full liberty in this regard."

Nandini's eyes widened wider and bigger. The tears that had formed because of pain cascaded below her lashes out of unbelievable happiness.

Her father. Mr. Maheshwari... He came here? Came for her?

Really?

"M-my my father... Yo-you... Are you sure Papa came for me?" Her tearful eyes tore more when Lancy acknowledged her query with a chaste little nod.

"Not just that, your father also ruined the entire Shire Empire, ma'am! He made their shares fall drastically and bought his company for a cheap amount once they went bankrupted. In fact... He has been eagerly waiting to see you get up. He would come here daily to meet you. He would spend almost an hour here beside you. He would talk to you, hold your hand and even cry!" This disclosure of information made her jaw tighten and blood pressure fall.

"I-it was my Papa who came to meet me daily. Not manik?" She couldn't help asking since she predicted that voice

Lancy negatively drooped her skull, "No. I'm afraid to say but he never came to see you after that day!"

Her hands started shivering and Nandini hiccupped.

She was introduced with immense excitement when she was told about her father visiting her. Then at the second moment, her heart was shattered into pieces!

The guy she thought had come to see her daily was not him. In fact, he never came.

The vague voice she heard during her sleep never belonged to him. It was her father!

The news that was supposed to be good, was having an adverse effect on her body. Her hands shivered, eyes widened as she was having a panic attack.

"Ma'am?" scared by her reaction, Lancy mounted from the stool. "Nandini ma'am???"

She clutched Nandini's shoulders and sought to control her shaking. To her astonishment and fear, her shaking intensified and she fainted, making Lancy call for the doc. "Doctor!!!"

"It hurts when the one you love is cold to you.

But it hurts more when you realize they are ignoring you while you assumed they are there for you."

Tbc...

Manikkkkk... He's such a big a**hole. He never came to see her but beat the guy who trued to force her.

What the fuck is wrong with him🙄

But... Do you really think he never came????😏

Don't worry... You'll get to know a lot in upcoming chapters.

Hope you liked it. Do vote and comment.
Though the target wasn't completed (9 votes were left) I still updated. I'm happy at least you guys achieved that many votes.

I hope you'll complete the same target here...

Target: 120 votes 15 comments