13

India,

Manik was sitting at the dining table with his parents. But there was something wrong with his face. Nope, there was nothing, no dirt or anything on his face to say the least, yet he didn't look like himself at all.

He looked awfully sad and stesssed. His mother, who was serving food to him and his father, talked to her husband with the help of their eye signal and bit her mouth as Mr. Malhotra urged her to ask him what was the matter?

Mrs. Malhotra nodded in yes and moved ahead, "Uhh, Manik, beta try these parantha. I made them specially for you."

"Thank you mom but I think I am full. I don't think I'd be able to try them out." He instantly replied.

It didn't hurt his mother in anyway by because his facial expressions said it all. He was disturbed about something, so it was no big deal to that reaction of his.

"What is wrong Manik, is something bothering you!" his father asked.

"Yes, beta. You barely touched your lunch in the evening and now the same is with the supper. Atenys you okay. Let me see." His mother pressed her palm on his neck and head.

She acted as though she was a doctor and checking his temperature like one. Her antiques made Manik chuckle. He removed her hand, "I am absolutely ok, Maa. Nothing is wrong with me."

"Nothing seems okay to me, Manik if it was okay then you would not be avoiding your food like that." She honestly said what she thought.

She was not wrong either. She was his mother and she noticed his well then anyone else. Mrs. Malhotra was kind of disappointed by her 'daughter in law to be' aka Piya. She has been with Manik since the morning yet not even for once did she call her and inform her.

If she had noticed Manik's changed behaviour, she would have told her. But looks like she had not. And that was really disappointing.

"I don't know what is wrong with all of you. Even Piya said that I looked different. I don't know why is that but I am absolutely okay." Manik said with wide eyed.

His words never convinced his mother but she was okay that at least Piya noticed it too. Otherwise Mrs. Malhotra thought that she didn't notice the changes in her boyfriend.

Tejaswini (mother) - " Then what is it bothering you Manik. "

Manik-- "I swear it is nothing Maa."

Father-- "I don't trust your words either Manik. We are your parents, we can see the worry on your face. So be a nice boy and tell us what is wrong!

Manik sighed and closed his eyes. This was not something he appreciated because the result was quite predictable. He knew what would his parents react after listening to his worries, even then he just took a deep breath and said everything to them.

Manik-- "Uhh mom, I am actually tensed upon the manager's words."

Father-- "What word's? And what manager you talking about."

Manik-  "Are I am talking about Mr. Mehta, the manager of the Maheshwari enterprises. HR had told me that he will talk to the Ceo of their company and let me know soon. But he had no---"

Father-- "He had not responded back to you yet. Is it so?"

His father raised an eyebrow and Manik pressed his mouth in a thin line.

His mother eventually heaved as her head shook to side ways, "Ohh Manik, you will be the death of me someday! You were tenses about your hiring in that company. God, I thought it was something else." She rolled her eyes as she filled manik's plate with more rice and served a parantha for him in another plate.

"But mom...." He tried to reason her, alas, she showed him her forefinger on the lips and shut him down.

But only if they knew what it meant for him they would know how important it was for him. But no worries because the destiny was busy playing its part of game.

Tbc...