First day of filming

So...today is Monday...first day of filming...and I'm so nervous. I was looking at my script all night I didn't have that many scenes to begin with but later in the week there will be a lot more. The first scene that I'm in is me turning up on the door of the betting shop with my bags and Lizzie opening the door and me telling her who I am. I know my lines and I know what I have to do but I'm still so nervous. My uncle should be here in a few minutes to taking me but he doesn't have to stay with me because my parents have signed a permission slip saying that I don't have to be accompanied by and adult. As if on cue my uncle knocks at the door, so I grab my bag and keys and open it. I say hello to my uncle and he asks if I'm nervous, I tell him a little. We get into the car and away we go.

*time skip*

After driving for about 20 minutes ,which I thought wasn't that long, we had arrived. I said goodbye and thanked my uncle and walked in. The first person I saw was Mark the director, I assumed he would be here, he was talking to Sophie she turned her head and spotted me. "Hello Rose, how are you?" She kindly asked "Hey Sophie, I'm a little nervous but overall I'm okay." I replied. "Don't be nervous kid, everyone here is amazing" Mark cut in "You are going to be filming straight away so if you go to that trailer over there, Amy and Flo are in there and they will do your hair and makeup and give you your costume" Mark said pointing to a trailer. "Ok thank you guys I will see you later" I replied as they gave me a small wave.

I knocked on the trailer door and a happy looking woman opened it, "Hello darling you must be Rose I'm Flo, come on in" she said and I nodded. I saw that Helen and Joe were also in here getting g their hair and makeup done. "Hiya love," Helen said to me and I gave her a wave and smile. Joe turned and smiled at me and I waved back. "This is Amy she will be doing your hair and makeup once she has finished on Helen which shouldn't be long now, you can have a seat over there." She said pointing at the sofa.

After only about 2 more minutes Helen was finished and Amy called me over. I had to have mascara all under my eyes because of how I was coming into the show, I was going to have been walking for days after being kicked out of my foster home.

This was like the final makeup look

After I was done in hair and makeup I went and got dressed into the outfit and walked out to find Natasha waiting for me "Hey Rose, so we have a scene together first do you want to practice or are you ok with it" she asked politely "erm I think I'...

After I was done in hair and makeup I went and got dressed into the outfit and walked out to find Natasha waiting for me "Hey Rose, so we have a scene together first do you want to practice or are you ok with it" she asked politely "erm I think I'm ok to be fair" I response and she nodded and smiled.

We were then called over to film this scene and I was surprised I hadn't seen anyone else.

*the scene*

I walked over to the door of the betting shop and knocked on it twice. A tall thin lady can and answered.

"Are you Lizzie Stark?" I asked.

"Yeh I am who the hell are you?" she replied sharply.

"I think I might be your daughter" I said

*end of scene*

"Cut!" Mark yelled as he came over to us "that was great guys well done" he complimented and we thanked him.

Then me and Natasha filmed a few more scenes, just of us in the betting den office talking and explaining things.

And now I have a scene with all of the Shelby's. I was nervous, but quite excited to film with everyone.

*start of the scene*

I was sitting with Lizzie, well I guess she's my mum, when I heard a banging through the door and 5 men and 2 women walked into the betting den and stopped when they saw me. "Lizzie who is this?" One of them said "Tommy this is Betty, my daughter" Lizzie said in response to his question.

Then I heard many 'what the fucks' and saw many confused faces looking at me.

"I know, I know it's a lot to take in, but she's 14 and i gave her up when she was a baby" Lizzie said trying to calm them down.

"Who's the father?" Another man said "Arthur it doesn't matter, what matters is that we think of Lizzie as family so now we also think of Betty as family." Tommy said causing everyone to stop and look at me. "Welcome to the family kid" another one said who I later learned to be called John. Everyone then came and wither shook my hand or hugged me. I soon learned everyone's name and for once in my life I felt home.

*end of scene*

"Well done guys and well done Rose," Mark said "If you don't have any more scenes yet you can go to the cafeteria" he said. I didn't have anymore scenes for a while now so I went with, Natasha, Finn and Harry to the cafeteria which I soon learned was through the doors of Arthur's house.

I really do think I'm going to like it here...