On Set

Monday

"It's filming day!" I said as I ran down the stairs to Luke, Ryan and Grace who were all still in their pyjamas seeing as it's only 7am. I was dressed and ready to get to the set by 7:45am.

My outfit

"Oh I'm so excited for you Rose!" Grace said smiling at me

"Oh I'm so excited for you Rose!" Grace said smiling at me. I gave her a hug and said goodbye to Ryan. Then went over to hug Luke but he weirdly said, "I'll walk you out." He stood up and followed me out the door.

"Good luck today, you'll be great." He said hugging me. "I love you." I said to him and he smiled back at me. "Bye." He said as I got into the car. I connected my phone and then drove off the driveway.

Once I had arrived at the set I climbed out of the car and headed in through the gates. It honestly was so good to be back. I saw Darren and Mark first and greeted them and some of the other crew along the way then I went over to my good old trailer and headed inside. Honestly it felt like I was home again.

I found my filming schedule on the table so I had a quick look through it. I wasn't due in hair and makeup until 8:10am and it was only 8am so I sat down for a while and looked through my script, refreshing my memory. The first scene we were filming altogether was the scene that picks up where the last season finishes and Aunt Pols funeral which is going to be one of the hardest scene I will ever have to film.

It will also be my last scene with Heaven who plays Ruby and Jenson who plays Charles due to the time skip there are knew kids coming in to play them.

After going through my script it was time to go over for hair and makeup. I was really excited to see Amy and Flo again.

"Rose!" Amy said as she opened the door and welcomed me in, I hugged them both and saw that Anya was getting her hair done.

"Morning Anya." I said as I gave her a hug. "Hey." We made small talk as we were getting our makeup done then I headed out and waited until everything was ready for us to film Pollys funeral scene. I stood with Finn and Paul as we waited.

"This is gonna be hard." Paul said pinching the bridge of his nose. "I know, I know but we're all here together for it." I said rubbing Paul's back and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Yep, everyone is feeling the same and we're all here for each other." Finn said and I nodded in agreement.

"Guys we ready?" Mark asked not as urgently as he normally would. Everyone nodded and we headed over to our positions.

"Places please, quiet on set."

"Action!"

*start of scene*

I couldn't believe it, Polly was really gone and there was nothing I or anyone could do about it. I was stood with Mum, Charles, Ruby and Dad at her funeral. I rested my arm around Charles's shoulder and held dads arm.

I couldn't help it the tears were flowing and there was no stopping them. Once the caravan was lit Michael stepped forward and laid a flower on the caravan. He said some quiet words that no one could hear other than himself.

I could see that dad was trying to hold himself together, I squeezed his arm and he looked and me and gave a slight smile. Charles buried his face in my coat as he cried softly.

I looked up to the sky trying to contain my tears. Nothing helped.

*end of scene*

"Cut!" Mark yelled and Cillian immediately turned to hug me, then everyone piled into the hug, comforting one another. I cried and so did everyone else.

We all spent about 10 minutes just standing and talking until we went to get changed and film the next scenes.

I was only filming two scenes today one of them being the one we just did and the other one is when Betty has been shot and the after math of that. They were doing it like this because of the time skip and everything after the ten years is being filmed later.

I went to get my makeup and hair changed whilst they filmed some other scenes. Cillian was also getting his hair and makeup done so we talked for a while throughout the duration.

I had to put on the same outfit as before which was weird as I had definitely changed, but I managed to squeeze in. Once Cillian and I were ready we headed over to the set quietly as to not disturb any of the other scenes.

"Ah perfect timing we're ready for you." Darren said as Natasha also walked over.

"Places everyone, set the smoke."

"Quiet on set and action."

*start of scene*

The bullet had been fired and I had been at the receiving end.

"Please dad..." Was the last thing I said before my eyes fell heavy.

"She's gonna be fine Lizzie, she just passed out from the pain. The bullet hasn't hit anything vital." I heard dad say.

"And how do you know hey! It's your bloody fault she was out there anyway! She was looking for you because she thought you might do something stupid to yourself." Mum yelled as I felt myself moving.

"And you know what you would have wouldn't you? You'd have left without even saying a goodbye! Left me and your three kids-" mum continued before dad interrupted her.

"Lizzie shut up!" Dad yelled and she did.

*end of scene*

"Cut!" Mark said and Cillian placed me on the ground as he was holding me walking out of the field. My shoes and bottom of my dress was covered in mud so I went straight to my trailer to change my costume.

*time skip*

Once we had all finished the filming for today we said our goodbyes and left. When I arrived home it was 6:30pm, I headed inside.

"Hello!" I shouted throughout the house when I opened the door. "Hey, we're just heading out see you later." Grace said abruptly and squeezed my arm as she walked out. "That was weird." I thought.

I looked to my left as I was taking my shoes off to see 3 bags and a backpack. This confused me even more.

"Rose in here." I heard Luke shout from in the kitchen. "What's going on?" I asked as I walked in. "I can't do this anymore." Luke said.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked. "This... us... we're done." He said.

"What the hell Luke? What are you on about? Where's this come from?" I asked.

"I've been thinking about it for a while now so it's not out of nowhere." He continued.

"Do I not even get a say? Do we not even get to talk about this rather than you just springing it onto me?" I asked starting to well up.

"I'm sorry but it's for the best." Luke said walking past me and grabbing his bags. "Luke please." I said not begging but just confused. "Bye Rose" he said as he left. He must have told Grace and Ryan that's why they left.

I went straight up to my room and stayed there all night, Grace tried to talk to me but I really couldn't face her.

I was hoping that I'd be somewhat better tomorrow so that I didn't make a show of things...