And We're Back

Saturday

Wow. It's been so long since I've seen everyone in person. After we had the year off we were ready to go back and film the next series of the show and then the covid pandemic hit and everything changed. We went into lockdowns and couldn't film or see each other in person. And in that time we all lost someone who we all thought of as a mother Helen.

However today we are all going to see each other again after so long. We were unable to go to Helen's funeral because of the limit on people due to the pandemic, so most of us hadn't seen each other in over two years. In that time Sophie has had a baby who I'm still yet to meet but we have FaceTimed A LOT. Throughout this time Luke, Grace, Ryan and I also moved into a house together, it was closer to all of our jobs but it was about 1 hour and 1/2 away from my parents but we visited them when we could.

I was getting dressed ready to go to the table read and Luke came down the stairs ready to go to work. Grace and Ryan were out.

"You ready?" He asked, "I don't even know anymore." I said sitting at the dining room table putting my head in my hands. "Hey what are you worried about?" Luke asked kneeling beside me. "Just seeing everyone and being back." I said hesitating. "Without Helen?" Luke questioned and I nodded breaking down into his arms.

"Hey, hey. I know it's going to be hard but you're all going to get through it together ok? I promise." He said hugging me. "Thank you." I said wiping my tears and both of us standing up. He smiled in response.

I grabbed my things and headed out after saying bye to Luke.

My outfit

When I arrived I parked up and took a few deep breaths preparing myself to see everyone again

When I arrived I parked up and took a few deep breaths preparing myself to see everyone again. I climbed outside the car and walked up towards the steps of the building. I headed inside and walked into the familiar old room where all of theses table reads were always held it brought back so many memories, my first day in the cast, when everyone found out who I was playing, when we met Tom Hardy and so many more.

I looked up to see that I was one of the first ones here besides Darren, Mark and Natasha.

"Rose." Natasha said looking over to me and quickly walking towards me.

"It's so good to see you." I said wrapping my arms around her. "It really is." She replied, Natasha was one of my best friends and I'd missed her so much. I also said hi to Darren and Mark then we all talked and waited for everyone else.

Finn and Sophie were next to arrive so we  all went over to greet them. I'd seen Finn recently anyway because I went to see him, Hannah and Freddie, who is now nearly 2. Because of the pandemic they've had to postpone there wedding but hopefully it is happening this year.

I hugged Finn then went over to Sophie to say hi to her. "Oh Soph." I said to her hugging her. "It's so nice to see you." She said and I felt a sigh of relief. "How's the little bubba?" I asked her. "Oh amazing!" She replied happily.

Next to arrive was Cillian, then Paul, then Sam. 

"Well look who it is." I said as Harry wallows through the door. "Last as usual Harry." Finn said as Harry did a bow sarcastically. "I've got a reputation to uphold thank you very much." Harry said shaking Finns hand and greeting everyone.

Ned (uncle charlie), Packy (Johnny dogs), Aimee (Esme), Daryl McCormack (Isiah), Anya (Gina), Charlene McKenna (Captain Swing), Emmet Scanlan (Billy), Conrad Khan (Duke), James Frecheville (Jack Nelson), Benjamin (Jeremiah) and Tom (Alfie Solomons) had also arrived. Everyone took their designated seats I was sat in between Natasha and Cillian.

"Welcome back everyone, it's so nice to see all your lovely faces again." Mark said and we all laughed. "Seriously though, we are so happy to be back, in person, and to be able to start doing all of this again." He continued and I smiled.

"However, this meeting is very different to the one we had before lockdown, throughout the pandemic we re wrote the script that you all read at the last meeting and as some of you already know, we have decided to end the Peaky Blinders journey with this final season." Darren said and my eyes grew wide, it was clear that Cillian, Sophie and Paul all knew about this decision but no one else did, I understood why they knew but I was just so shocked that this was the way everything was going to go.

"This journey has been the best and we are so grateful for everything that we've all been through together but we feel that this was the right place to end the show." Mark spoke. Natasha grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it, I could see she was upset as well.

"But for now we have to look forward to filming this final season together." Mark continued, "You just wait, it's going to be the best one yet."

We all read the script and I was shocked at how amazing it sounded and I knew mark was right when he said it would be the best one yet. I could see that Betty would be 23 years old after the time skip in the first episode but it would start up where the last season ended so she would be 16 at the start. I can't believe I am 20 years old playing 16 year old again.

Also after reading the script I could see that Betty and Isiah were going to have a secret relationship. I was quite excited for that and to explore Betty's character a little more.

"We do have a few new cast members to introduce to you guys though, this is Amber Anderson who will be playing Diana Mitford, Moseley new mistress and Stephen Graham as Haydn Stagg." Darren said as a woman and man walked through and I recognised both of them from different things that I'd seen.

We all got acquainted  and then Mark began to speak again, "Obviously you've all now read the script and know how these guys will fit into the storyline."

After the meeting we all hung out for a while then left at about 2:30pm. I climbed back into my car and began driving back home.

When I arrived home I saw that Ryan and Grace were back and Luke was here too.

"I'm home!" I shouted as I walked through the door, Ryan and Luke were sat on the sofa playing the XBOX and they both shouted 'hey' to me.

"Just let me finish this game babe then I'll come talk to you about it." Luke said and I giggled. "No rush." I replied.

We all spent the rest of the night discussing the show and me telling them what I was allowed to tell them...