X X V I I I

Jia's POV.

Whispers and giggles around us ceased when they saw our hands. My cheeks are burning bright red already but I don't have strength to pull my hand back. His palm is so warm, I feel so safe.

We finally reached the cashier and I was expecting him to let go of my hands to pay but he didn't. He took his shining black card from his pocket and handed it to the lady behind the cash register. Even the lady was wonderstruck when she saw him upclose. She's acting more gentle---even tucking stray hairs behind her ears in a very stagy manner. But Taeyong didn't even bother to look at her.

"how will you carry those plastic bags if you won't let go of my hand?" I asked.

"I can carry everything with one hand" he boastfully said and shrugged. He's a total flirt! oh gosh.

"aish I'll eat my ice cream!" I said and pulled my hand back, since I really can't handle it anymore. My heart is so close to exploding--- I'm afraid he'll feel my crazy pulse through my hand.

He lifted the plastic bags and we exited the grocery. I walked ahead of him as I eat the ice cream he bought me.

*****

Taeyong's POV.

All of the boys were waiting at the living room when we got back. They immediately ask what happened and Jia boastfully said it was a success.
"so y'all trust me now? huh? I may still look like I'm lying but I'm not okay?" she's talkative.

"Ne ne" Haechan cooed. I headed straight to the kitchen and put all the bags on the kitchen island. Jaehyun followed me. I threw the flashdrive on him and he caught it.

"what's the next step?" he asked.

"keep everyone's guard up. He'll attack sooner or later"

Doyoung entered the kitchen.
"The rose and the gun she left has been discovered by the police already, they're on search now. TRC must be hiding now or something. Jia's plan worked, but her life is now really on the line" he said seemingly in a wary tone.

"There's no way they'll find her here right?" Jaehyun asked looking at me.

"I'm not sure" I answered.

"Maybe let's all be more cautious now, especially tonight. That company is enraged right now, that is what's for sure" Doyoung said.

"Taeyong bought a meat I saw him!"
her voice echoed, signalling that she's about to enter the kitchen.

"Don't talk about this in front of her" I said to the both of them, just in time she and Jungwoo entered.

Jungwoo headed straight to the plastic bags beside me, immediately rumagging through it. "oh here!" he announced and the both of them exited the kitchen.
.
.
.
.
.
I leaned on the doorframe of the kitchen as I watch her do the dishes.
Since she's the only woman here, she have no choice but to do the task, especially that everyone agreed that she should do it. She kept on glancing at me and glaring.

"tsh" she breathed.

"do you want me to help you there then?" I asked as I roll up my sleeves.

"a-ani" she immediately refuse. Sounding so nervous once again.

"am I making you nervous?" I asked.
She looked at me then immediately darted her gaze away again. I'm making her nervous. Damn, this woman.