X X I

Jia's POV.

My senses was awaken when I felt pain on my nape. My eyelids are as heavy as hell, I am exhausted. Too exhausted to even open my eyes.
Flashback of what happened last night immediately rushed back to my mind.

I didn't shoot him. I-I can't.

I shoot the lightpost behind him and when it blew up, the whole alley went dark. I fired twice, along with that I ordered him to run. I immediately ran towards the alley on my left. My mind was a total mess. I'm scared. I just rebelled right in front of Rose corp.'s people. I'm doomed. My death is fvcking near.

I didn't know what happened but I am sure Taeyong got to escaped through the other end of the alleyway. TRC's people went out of the car probably to chase me, but they didn't saw where I went. I threw the earpiece somewhere and made sure it's already broken.
My heart is racing, I continued running down the long alleyway...

but then someone grabbed me. A pair of strong arms held me and covered my mouth. He was fast and was able to threw the gun away from my hands.
I was caught off guard so I wasn't able to fight. I tried to atleast backhand him but I was too tired already because of running.

The last thing I remember was me being hit by something hard-- probably a butt of a gun-- on my nape and then that's when I lose my consciousness.

Fvck!? where I am!?

My eyes shot open and I got greeted by a familiar looking ceiling. The pain on my nape started kicking in again.
"a-ah" I couldn't help but groan as I tried to massage it. I pinned my elbow on the bed as I tried to lift my body...
and I swear to God, I almost die in shock when I saw Taeyong sitting on a swivel chair beside the bed. Sleeping.

h-how?

"T-Taeyong?" I uttered, still confuse of everything.

His eyes opened slowly and immediately found it's way to stare straight into mine... and here goes my heart again. Thumping like crazy.
I'm here again. In their house. In this room, under his roof.

I don't know why, but suddenly...
I want to cry. I want to wail at him.
Suddenly, exhaustion enveloped me...
I am so tired of living like this. Now, I am perfectly doomed. I won't be able to show my face to TRC anymore. They'll kill me and I am being filled with great fear right now.

"h-hey, what's wrong?" he asked in panic, getting near me. Damn, his voice. It makes me want to cry even more.

"a-ah---" I tried to talk, but no words came out, only hiccups. I looked down on my hand as my grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears. fvck, I'm crying. Right in front of him. This is beyond embarrassing. But I can't help it. My emotions are overflowing.

I found myself sobbing hard as I wipe my face like a kid---trying to dry my tears, but that didn't help at all. It only made everything worst. "y-yah, wae? Park Jia, why are you c-crying?"
I looked at him as I continue to let all my tears out, along with a gut-wrenching sob that continued to tear my tightening chest.

sht Jang Mi? why are you being like this? You're fvcking weak right now.

*****

Taeyong's POV.

I feel like a sht, just watching her cry her heart out in front of me. She's crying so hard that my mind is getting all messed up. I lifted my hand hesitantly, trying to hold her, but I can't. I would be lying if I say this sight of her doesn't... doesn't break me.

I don't know what to do. This is the very first time I encounter someone crying this hard--- like she carries all existing problem in this world. She look so helpless... like... begging for something.

I remained silent. Still figuring out what I can do to atleast comfort her. This woman and her effects on me is really unbelievable. I feel like I've been bewitched.

"J-jia" damn, I am pathetically clueless. I stood up and sat on the edge of the bed, directly facing her. She looked like an oppressed kid. Despite of my hesitation, I reached out for her back and caressed it soothingly, in hopes that it could make her calm a bit...

but I think I only made her cry even more. shit. e-eotteokaji? I am so close to calling Jaehyun in here. I need help. My urges are at it again. Pushing me to do something.

"I-I'm s-sorry" she mumbled in between her sobs. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. I can't see her face, she's facing downwards. I held her shoulders and make her face me. Her shoulders are shaking due to consecutive hiccups. I lifted her chin so that I could see her face, being soaked in tears. damn, she's breaking my heart. "I-I f-feel so bad for pointing my g-gun at y-you"

fvck, now I feel so bad as well.
I already shoot her once.

"but you didn't shoot me" I said as I stared at her intently. "and they saw how you spare me" I added, pertaining to her handler. I'm grateful that she didn't shoot me, I must admit that I was terrified when she pulled the trigger, because I know... I won't be able to fight against her.

"Run away!! she's going to shoot you! what the fvck Lee Taeyong!?"
Jaehyun shouted angrily through the earpiece. He's watching nearby.

"don't come out" I said under my breath.

"fvck you! get out of there!"

Jaehyun was nearby the whole time. Watching me got all weak in front of a woman. He was there and I am extremely thankful that he do. When I ran away, he was the one who took her with him. Jaehyun is smart, he knows what to do... and we both saw how Jia betrayed her own corporation... refusing to shoot me.

"and now, I-I'm in danger" she said, almost a whisper. Her voice trembling in fear. Something I never expected from her. She looked at me with such scared eyes. Capturing my heart as I sympathize.

This woman, the one I used to like. The one whom I used to admire from afar. I thought what I felt towards her back then was just some kind of juvenile love, but I was wrong. My feelings for her has been burried and now it's being taken out again. She doesn't remember me, that's for sure.

"I-I'm scared" she mumbled in between her sobs. With that, I pulled her. Engulfing her small frame with mine in an assuring hug. I caressed her hair as her sobs intensified. I can feel her hands gripping tightly on the hem of my shirt.

"you don't have to be scared. I'm here... I'll protect you"

꧁ 𝖌𝖚𝖓𝖘 // 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖘 ꧂