X L I V

Taeyong's POV.

"Her body was shocked, It was actually a miracle that none of her ribs got damaged by the bullet. Her energy was drained and it may take her days to regain consciousness, plus she lost huge amount of blood. She's still under observation but she'll be okay"

"Thank you so much" Jaehyun thanked the doctor.

I really didn't understand what he said. The only thing that registered to my mind is his last statement. She'll be okay...

I stared at her lying unconscious on the hospital bed, with too much medical apparatus attached to her body. She look so fragile and pale. Small bruises are there on her arms, scratches can also be seen on her beautiful face. Damn, I won't forgive myself for causing all of this to her, everything is because of me. I'm such a scumbag.

"The doctor assured she'll be okay" Jaehyun said.

"I won't believe anyone not until she open her eyes and tell me herself she's fine" I reached for her hand and put it against my cheeks. I missed her touch, I missed her so bad.

The door cracked open, signaling that Jaehyun left the room.

"J-Jia baby, Thank you for holding on, hmm? Please continue being strong. I'm here, I won't leave. Everything's okay now, no one will hurt you again."

The moment she closed her eyes, my whole world shut down. That was the scariest thing I have ever witnessed. I saw right in front of my eyes how she closed her eyes right after saying she loves me. I was petrified, I thought she'll die like that, on my arms. But my woman is strong, she's stronger than I could ever be.

I can't do anything to help her, I was just crying like a piece of bullshit as the doctors pump her chest. I even prayed which I never did before. I was beyond terrified thinking that this might be the consequence of all the things I've done. That they'll take her from me in return of all the lives I've taken.

"Jia, I'll wait here, take a rest first hmm? don't mind me here, regain your strength. I still need to apologize to you, you still have to hear me begging for your forgiveness hmm? I love you so damn much"

and so she did...

It's been 3 days and she's still sleeping. I never left her side like what I have promised. She's just here, right in front of me and yet I am missing her so much that I'm so close to losing my mind the more I see her like this. I never thought I have this so much patience packed within me. I really can do everything and anything for her.

"Is she fine? Is everything okay?" I asked for the hundredth time.

"Yes Mr. Lee she's doing so well. Don't worry she'll wake up soon" the doctor said with a smile.

Doctors and nurses here must've been so pissed of me, I kept on asking and asking the same question every time they go here to check on her.

Those 3 days felt like forever. Damn, what did you do to me Jia. I'm wide awake but I feel so lifeless. I can't fvcking live without you, look at me breaking. I did nothing but hold her hand, caress it like it could wake her up.

I should be the one who is lying here not her. "I am so mad at you Jia, you never listen to me" I hate this uncertainty, I know I promised that I'll wait with all of my patience but...

"baby what's taking you so long to wake up? you're killing me"

I kissed her soft hand as my tears fell again. I'm turning into a weak crybaby, damn.