eight

"Gather around

"Gather around." Ordered Professor Grubbly Plank as she motioned the group of students to to stand around properly.

Theodore stood at the very back, lazily lifting his heavy eyelids to look at what looked like a heap of twigs. His eyes roamed around for a bit when it fell on the Hufflepuff girl who was jumping on her spot, in order to have a look at what the professor was showing.

Theodore tried hard not to smile but when he noticed how pissed Aurelia looked, his mouth quirked at the cornerd. 

Aurelia stomped her foot when she turned on her spot to find the Slytherin boy silently chuckling at her. Aurelia's cheeks burnt in embarrassment as she pretended to look away. Smiling to herself, Aurelia slowly walked towards Theodore and stopped besides him.

"It's quite amusing to see you smile." Aurelia said, looking straight at the swarm of students.

"Why?"

"Because you hardly smile."

"Yeah I just can't keep that forced smile on my face like you." Theodore retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Who said it's forced?" Aurelia smiled, finally turning to look at Theodore.

"It's obvious!" Theodore exclaimed,"How can a person smile when others just keep on insulting them?"

"The people would say something; their job itself is to speak." Aurelia shrugged, folding her arms across her chest,"If you'll keep crying on the same thing again and again, it'll just take hold of your happiness and you'll be just left with haunting memories."

Theodore stared at the girl standing behind her ; trying to look inside the pure soul.

"What?" Aurelia asked, waving her hands in front of the Slytherin boy whose blue eyedwere boring holes inside her soul.

"Miss Potter!" Barker Grubbly Planck,startling the two teenagers,"And Mr. Nott, I would like you two to concentrate on your class Instead of having a gossiping session."

Aurelia bit her lip and sprinted to where the professor was, this time pushing past the taller students to have a clear view of the professor. Harry shot her a 'we need to have a talk' look causing Aurelia to look down at her feet. Typical over protective brother, Aurelia mentally scoffed.

Hearing the bell echoing distantly from the grounds, the students scurried off to their respective classes.

"What were you and Nott talking about?" Harry inquired, running behind his sister who was making her way to the astronomy tower for her next lesson astronomy.

"Just a small chat." Aurelia answered, mentally rolling her eyes.

"Harry, slow down!" Ron panted, following his best friend closely. Entering inside, Professor Sinistra welcomed the students as all of them gathered in front of her. The sun was slowly setting down and few stars were visible in the magnificent sky. 

Professor Sinistra divided the students in accordance to their houses and handed them a parchment to write down the movement of various stars. Aurelia stood at a distance as the other two Hufflepuffs fought on who would be the first one to try it.

"Potter." Aurelia turned on her spot to find Theodore.

"Yes?"

"Are we meeting up tomorrow?" Theodore asked, looking away from Aurelia as he could see her hazel eyes glimmering with glitter.

"Yeah if you want to complete the essay quickly." Answered Aurelia,"and you won't have to be seen with me."

Theodore felt sad. Sad would be an understatement. Being with her was the only time he liked spending as his friends never really cared to talk to him or ask about his well being. They just have fun.

"Okay." Theodore breathed out with a heavy heart.

-

"Loads and loads of homework." Sighed Ron, putting his quill down. The trio were seated in the great Hall completing their homework.

Aurelia walked past them, greeting them with a small wave.

"Aura." Harry called causing the short hufflepuff to walk up to him,"Can I copy off your astronomy homework?"

"Harry that's wrong." Hermione protested, giving Harry a stern look.

"I haven't completed it." Aurelia trailed off, giving a toothy grin.

Harrys face dropped and so did Rons.

"I'm off to library. Bye." The trio waved at her as Aurelia made her way out. Entering the library, the smell of books invaded Aurelia's nose.

Spotting the mysterious,as Aurelia liked to name him, she kept her book on the table hoping to get the boy's attention. When Theodore didn't look up from the picture he was staring at, Aurelia walked up to him and peered over his shoulder. A woman who looked like she was in her 30s was smiling at what would be a camera while her brown hair flew all over her face. Just like Theodore, she had the mesmerizing blue eyes.

"Is that your mother?" Aurelia smiled causing Theodore to snap back to reality. He stuffed the picture inside his book and glanced up at Aurelia who was smiling at him.

"Yes." He nodded.

"She is beautiful." Aurelia complimented, earning a nod from Theodore in agreement.

"Do you miss her?" Aurelia questioned, the smile never leaving her face.

"Yes." Theodore admitted , his voice cracking at the end.

"Well why don't you write to her?" Aurelia asked, sitting back on her chair.

"Where do I send the letter to someone who's dead?" Theodore said, letting out a hollow laugh.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Apologised Aurelia before smiling again,"those we love don't go away, they walk besides us everyday. Close your eyes and you'll feel her presence. You'll feel her motherly touch."

Theodore glanced at the girl before a small smile broke on his lips. He was sure he liked her presence. All these years he never realised what he was missing ; a graceful girl with the most beautiful heart.

"That's how I've been doing for years and trust me it works." Assured Aurelia while pulling out her essay.

[a/n: my fav chap]