twenty seven

with tears stained cheeks, aurelia got up from her sleep, rubbing her bleary eyes

with tears stained cheeks, aurelia got up from her sleep, rubbing her bleary eyes. as soon as she felt the tears still stuck on her cheeks she glanced over at hannah abott who was fast asleep with her head buried in her pillow. a fresh tear rolled down aurelia's cheeks when the incident of the day before flooded her mind.

 yesterday was the day hannah abott was called out of herbology class to be informed that her mother had been found dead. aurelia was heartbroken on hearing such disturbing news. later at night she had found hannah crying in the bathroom. 

susan and aurelia both knew how painful it was for hannah to take such a despondent news. when hannah had finally left the bathroom, she was immediately pulled in a hug by aurelia who couldn't control her tears either. aurelia knew how it felt to loose a loved one and she couldn't bear the thought of someone going through the same. 

the sound of the bathroom door being creaked open caused aurelia to snap back to the present and look over to the source to find susan wiping her face. the two girls shared a worried look, greeting each other with a sad smile as none of them felt the urge to speak something. 

finally, susan decided to break the silence before glancing at hannah's bed,"should we wake her up?"

"no, i guess she needs some time alone." aurelia muttered quietly, getting off her bed to stand near hannah,"she's going through a painful hardship."

"you're right." susan agreed, letting out a miserable sigh,"I'll just bring breakfast for her."

with a nod at susan, aurelia got inside the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror. her eyes were bloodshot red from crying like a maniac the day before. she just couldn't hold back the salty tears forming in her eyes. turning on the tap, aurelia washed her face repeatedly to look somewhat presentable.

 after she was done showering and dressing up in a yellow long sleeved shirt with black trousers, she kissed hannah on her forehead and exited the common room. 

on the way to the great hall, she was stopped by theodore nott who had a large smile plastered on his face. 

"good morn- were you crying!?" the smile soon faltered, being replaced by a distressed expression. 

"merlin's beard! theodore! stop shouting!" aurelia scolded, embrassingly smiling at the students who turned back to look at them.

"were you crying?" theodore repeated again, his tone much softer than before. 

"kind of. . . " aurelia trailed off, stopping at the entrance of the great hall,"just couldn't hold back my tears. the pain hannah must be going through is just unbearable. . ." 

theodore nodded, completely relating to the situation of hannah abott. smiling lastly at theodore, aurelia walked over to the gryffindor table where her brother was using his wand on his books. at first, she wanted to wish him and ron a good luck for the tryouts but decided it for later.