ten

One morning, Aurelia sat on the Hufflepuff table, eating her breakfast when her eyes fell on the daily prophet which Susan Bones was reading

One morning, Aurelia sat on the Hufflepuff table, eating her breakfast when her eyes fell on the daily prophet which Susan Bones was reading. Aurelia leaned over to have a closer look at the headline.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM 

DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST-EVER "HIGH INQUISITOR"

Underneath was a photograph of Dolores Umbridge, smiling widely and blinking slowly at them. Aurelia's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she took the newspaper out of the other Hufflepuff's hand.

this is depressing, Aurelia sighed. First, her sketch notebook was missing which she was sure that others might have stole it like they always do to annoy her and second was the news about umbridge. Getting up from her seat, Aurelia walked off to where the golden trio were.

"Did you read it?' Aurelia asked shoving the newspaper in front of her brother.

"Yeah we did." Hermione answered,"and this is outrageous."

"It would be fun to watch her inspecting McGonagall." Ron sniggered.

"Well, come on," said Hermione, jumping up, "we'd better get going, if she's inspecting Binns's class we don't want to be late. . . ."

"Have you seen my Sketch notebook?" Aurelia asked, following her brother out of the great hall.

"No." Harry curtly answered,"Did you leave it somewhere?"

"I don't know." Aurelia muttered lowly.

When the quartet reached the professor Binny's classroom, umbridge wasn't there to interrogate. Ron almost dozed off while Aurelia drew several stars on her parchment rather than copying down what the professor was saying.

In potions, the students got back their essay which they had submitted two days before. Aurelia was ecstatic to get a 'E' but she scowled when she saw both of her partners, Theodore and Millicent, smiling widely after getting O in their essay.

"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in your O.W.L," said Snape with a smirk, as he swept among them, passing back their homework. "This should give you a realistic idea of what to expect in your examination." 

Snape reached the front of the class and turned to face them.

"The general standard of this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. I expect to see a great deal more effort for this week's essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or I shall have to start handing out detentions to those dunces who get D's."

"Sir do we need to do it in pairs?" Millicent asked, hoping for 'no' as an answer.

"No, this time you'll have to do it individually." Snape answered causing Millicent to smile widely.