twenty four

aurelia stood in the potions classroom besides hermione on one side

aurelia stood in the potions classroom besides hermione on one side. aurelia surely had her mother's potions skills even though slughorn wasn't really pleased with aurelia. 

"precision in the preparation is vital.." professor slughorn started but stopped when he saw harry and ron,"Ah,harry,my boy,i was beginning to worry." 

"brought someone with us I see." professor slughorn said looking at ron.

 "ron weasely sir." ron introduced himself,"But I'm dead awful at Potions,a menace actually,so I probably just gonna..." harry pushed him forward and ron had a disgruntled expression on his face.

"nonsense, we'll sort you out." professor slughorn assured him and then added,"any friend of harry is a friend of mine. right then,books out."

"Um,sorry sir,but I haven't actually got my book yet-nor's ron." harry explained. 

"not to worry." professor slughorn said pointing to a cupboard behind ron and harry,"you can get what you need from that cupboard." 

he then turned to the class,"Now,as I was saying. I've prepared a few concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" hermione rasied her hand. "Yes miss..." professor slughorn trailed off. 

"granger,sir." hermione finished his sentence and stepped forward toward the cauldron.

"miss Granger,if you could tell me the first two." professor slughorn asked as Hermione looked down at the first cauldron,"this one is veritaserum,its a truth telling serum." she then turned to another cauldron."and that one would be polyjuice potion."she answered, moving to the next,"and thats amortenia. It's the most powerful love potion in the world." she looked at slughorn and then continued,"the potion is rumoured to smell differently to each person, according to what attracts them."

"miss granger, would you like to show us an example." Slughorn spoke.reluctantly, hermione made her way to the amortentia and let the smell invade her nose,"To me it smells like Freshly mown grass, new parchment and..."

she didn't complete the sentence and walked back to her previous spot.

a muffled snort was soon heard from the slytherins who were standing at the back of the class.

"mr.nott, if you could show us another example." slughorn ordered in a somewhat harsh tone.

being embarrassed, theodore stepped on his own foot, missing a step and stumbled in the front causing some of the girls to laugh. he glanced once at aurelia who had a small smile plastered on her face.

"we don't have the whole day to ourselves." slughorn interrupted causing the embarrassed boy to turn his gaze to the cauldron. theodore craned his neck near the couldron to take in the smell.

"I can smell... " theodore cleared his throat, taking a deep breath,"it's a sweet, pungent smell... " theodore realised it was of the nail polish but he didn't dare to say it loud,"some dusty smell and smell of parchments."