thirty three

aurelia and theodore were sitting in the courtyard after their classes with a game of chess going between them

theodore smiled at how concentrated aurelia looked with her eyebrows knitted together in a way to find out a way. 

"ugh." aurelia groaned after fifteen minutes passed as she was still not able to tackle the problem.

 theodore chuckled at her frustration,"so should i consider this as a win?"

"yes i guess." aurelia nodded,moving her horse away from her king in order to save her queen.

"aha!" theodore grinned, a proud smile of victory appearing on his lips. he took his queen and moved it in front of aurelia's king, indicating a checkmate as the queen smashed the king colored in white.

"what! hey i thought you were about to take my queen." aurelia gasped, dramatically clasping her hands over her mouth.

"that was the trick." theodore winked, earning a light chuckle from aurelia.

"wicked." 

theodore kept the chessboard aside and shifted on his spot so that he could be closer to aurelia ; to his home. aurelia smiled at him and that's when theodore noticed the girl besides him playing with a what looked like a stick to him. she pulled the cap of the stick and held it in front of her hands causing theodore to watch intently. 

"what's that?" he asked when curiosity took the best of him.

"it's a pen. muggle quill actually except the fact that you don't need ink." aurelia explained. 

no words were exchanged after that, just the comfortable draping them. the sudden change in aurelia's frank and light behaviour didn't go unnoticed by theodore who asked for a chess match just to get her mind off the things worrying her.

"what's wrong? is something bothering you?" theodore asked, snapping aurelia back to earth from her train of thoughts.

"it's nothing." aurelia quietly muttered,not sure how to tell him about the horcruxes which made voldemort immortal.

theodore knew she was hiding something but he didn't force her further ,very well aware of the fact that she hardly hides anything from him only when she's confused and worried. instead he got up on his feet, holding out his hand for aurelia to take who gave him a confused look.

"come on." theodore urged , his hand still held out in front of aurelia who lightly put her hand on his. smiling, theodore led her inside the castle and towards the basement.

"where are we going?" 

"just come with me." 

theodore stopped in front of a painting of a pear which on tinkling presented the door leading to the kitchen. giving a small smile to aurelia who wore a confused expression, theodore proceeded to unlock the door by twisting the knob.