thirty five

aurelia craned her neck over harry's shoulders to look at the piece of mirror in his hand

aurelia craned her neck over harry's shoulders to look at the piece of mirror in his hand. the man appeared to look a lot like dumbledore which was quite strange.

"come on hurry up." the twins heard the voice of their uncle and moved towards the window to have a look. aurelia pushed the curtains aside to find vernon carrying the luggage up to his car which was parked in front of their house. 

the twins shared a glance before hurrying downstairs where all the furniture, curtains and everything was packed away. the twins walked towards the doorway of the living room where the found their aunt staring at the wall in front of her.

"i've loved in this house for twenty years." petunia spoke up, not looking at the twins,"but now in a single night I'm expected to leave."

"they'll torture you." harry asserted,"if they think for a moment you know where me and aurelia are going they'll stop at nothing."

"do you think I don't know what they are capable of?" petunia sounded irritated as she glanced at the twins for a second before moving her eyes down,"you didn't just lose a mother that night in godric's hallow, you know. I lost a sister."

aurelia had to refrain herself from breaking down at how wistful the words sounded. the sound of turning of the car engine reached petunia's ears and she walked outside, followed by the twins. never in her whole life aurelia would have thought of being affected because of the dursleys leaving the house. 

she never really liked the dursleys ; not because they treated her like shit but because they always somehow hurt her brother. there has been many instances where aurelia was allowed to join in the parties and other gatherings whilst her brother was being locked away, alone to deal with the loneliness.

"I don't understand." dudley said, standing by the door of the car, taking everybody by surprise.

"whyy aren't they coming?" dudley frowned, pointing his arm towards the twins who were shocked.

"who?" vernon asked even though he knew who dudley was referring to

"why aren't they coming too?" dudley asked again,"aurelia and harry."

"well t-they don't want to." vernon replied simply, glaring at the twins"you don't want to, do you?"

"not in the slightest." harry answered .

"there you are." vernon said,"now come on, we're off."

 he walked towards the front seat of the car but having seen that dudley still hadn't budged from his spot he stopped. dudley walked away from the car his eyes fixed on vernon as it looked like he was provoking his father by walking up to the twins.

dudley spoke nothing and it seemed like he was debating to put his feelings into words.

"what's wrong with him?" harry whispered to his sister who just shrugged in response, not having the slightest idea about her cousin's unusual worried behaviour for them.