forty one

it was christmas

it was christmas. a very different one for aurelia who used to spend her christmas with her brother and the lovely weasleys.though the void of their absence was to be filled by theodore. for him, this was possibly one of the best christmas as he got aurelia with him to celebrate.

on the morning of the chilly christmas, aurelia was sleeping peacefully while she was covered with two blankets as theodore insisted would be best and safe for her health.

"happy christmas golden." theodore whispered, leaning closer to aurelia's ear causing her to stirr in her sleep.

"happy christmas." she murmured softly.

"get up. i got something for you." theodore smiled, sitting besides where aurelia was sleeping.

"what?" aurelia lazily asked, not wanting to leave her hiding place ; the bed.

"er. . . i actually bought it for your birthday but since i left it at the manor I couldn't give it to you so i thought it would be best for a christmas present." theodore explained, his voice overwhelming with happiness.

"oh great." aurelia murmured, finally sitting up straight with theodore's help. theodore grinned and handed her a small package wrapped in a black paper which had red, white and green polka dots scattered on it.

"thank you." aurelia smiled, taking it from his hand. she tore the paper away and removed it to find a black, flat box. she opened the top lid to find a beautiful bracelet lying inside it. the bracelet brought frisson to aurelia who picked the bracelet out of the box to have a better look. it was simple with white beads lined on the silver chain, still it looked magnificent.

"i love it." aurelia beamed, putting it on her right hand and held it in front of theodore so that he could tie the knot. 

"i am sorry I got nothing for you." aurelia apologized, her smile dropping as she looked at theodore. like always, her inner voice taunted her.

"you are all I need." theodore smiled earning a light chuckle from aurelia.

later in the afternoon, aurelia was taking a nap but the sound of music disturbed her. rubbing her bleary eyes which still contained sleep, aurelia got up from her sleeping position and turned around to find one of the most funniest scene she has ever witnessed.

 in front of her were theodore and twinkle doing a couple dance while a slow music played from the harp kept on the side table. aurelia's laughs caught the two dancing figures attention who shot her a 'what's so funny' look causing aurelia to laugh even harder.

"what are you guys doing?" aurelia asked in between her laughs.

"dancing?" theodore said, letting go of twinkle's hands and turned the music off.

"in the afternoon?" aurelia questioned, finally stopping her laughs.

"what's wrong in that?" theodore raised one of his brows,"its one way to celebrate happiness. actually, this was mother's idea. and we're just following that." with that he held out his hand for aurelia to take.