New Year's celebration

"Are the boxes really necessary?" Jin asked, watching his mother carefully lay out the boxes. "Like, we can just use plates, right?"
"Yeah, but it's our tradition to use boxes!" Jun said. "You should know, this is how I raised you! Also, where's your father?"
"Probably still asleep," Jin said, putting his phone back into his pocket. "You know him, right?"
"What about Lars?" Jun asked.
"Right here," Lars said, coming in with a smirk. "Jin woke me up."
"Why didn't you wake your father too, Jin?" Jun asked. "You know it's New Year, right?"
"Yeah, but dad was busy this whole week," Jin said. "That's why I let him sleep in a bit."
"Aww, how sweet," Lars said, pouting at him. "Jin cares about his father!"
"Of course I do," Jin said, annoyed. "He's my father!"
"If I asked you this three years ago, you'd be like 'END MISHIMAS' or something like that," Lars said with a shrug.
Jin frowned at him. Jun started laughing.
"How times have changed," Jun laughed. "Alright, you guys go wake him."
The two men grinned at each other.
They tiptoed into Kazuya's room with two wireless speakers. Lars went towards the sleeping Kazuya and silently put one speaker behind each of Kazuya's ear.
Lars nodded at Jin, signalling that everything was ready. Jin smirked and pressed the play button on his phone.
Snow Castle blasted through the speakers with the loudest volume setting. Kazuya woke up with a jump, transformed into Devil, and accidentally shot a few laser beams at the air, towards Jin at the doorway.
Jin barely managed to dodge the beams when he rolled off to the side. Kazuya stood on his bed, in his devil form with a muffled Snow Castle played from the speakers under the bed.
"Whoa whoa, easy, Kaz!" Lars said, trying to calm Kazuya. "It's only us!"
Kazuya looked at him and groaned.
"Don't you guys have anything better to do?" Kazuya asked, annoyed. "Can't you let me sleep?"
"Mom asked us to wake you," Jin said, going towards Kazuya. "Get out of your Devil form and get dressed! Mom's making osechi."
"Fine, whatever," Kazuya said, turning back to normal. "I'll be ready in ten. Now leave..."
The two of them were about to walk out of the room when they realised that the laser beams left spots on the wall. They turned back to Kazuya and pointed towards it.
"What are you gonna do about that?" Lars asked, smirking at Kazuya.
Kazuya saw what he meant and panicked.
"Darn, look at what you guys have done!" Kazuya said, panicking. "Thanks, guys..."
"Just go and shower," Jin said. "We'll take care of it."
Kazuya grabbed his towel and went towards the bathroom after sticking his tongue out at them. They did the same thing back at him.
They watched Kazuya enter the bathroom after gesturing an 'I'm watching you'. As soon as the door closed, they scrambled to their feet to think of something.
They ended up sticking Tekken Tournament posters on the spots where Kazuya hit with the laser beam.
Kazuya came out of the bathroom and saw what they did. He facepalmed as soon as he saw the poster of Jin on one spot and a poster of Lars on the other.
"These guys are so lame..." Kazuya said, seeing what they have done.
Kazuya also noticed how they actually left the door open. He closed the door, shaking his head in annoyance.

They both reported back to Jun in the kitchen.
"He's up and he's getting ready," Lars grinned. "He'll be here in ten."
"Good," Jun said. "Anything happened?"
The two of them looked at each other.
"Nope, all good," Jin said, plastering a smile. "Nothing wrong, nope."
Amber came in, carrying a few bags of stuff.
"Where did you go?" Jun asked.
"Oh I just went over to the lounge downstairs and brought us some snacks," Amber said, holding up the bags. "We can eat this for breakfast. Have you eaten, Jun?"
"Nope," Jun said. "I need to finish the osechi first."
"Eat first, Ma," Jin said, pulling her away from the stove. "Mom 2, where's the food?"
She handed him a bag of pastries from their special lounge downstairs.
Jin pulled Jun away to the kitchen island and made her sit down. Lars opened the plastic bag and served the pastries.
They all started eating and Kazuya finally entered the room.
"What's for breakfast?" Kazuya asked, seating himself next to Jun. "Hope it's not Snow Castle again."
"What did you guys do?" Jun asked, turning to Jin and Lars.
"Nothing?" Lars said with a shrug.
"Yeah, nothing," Jin said. "Nothing at all."
"Liars..." Kazuya said under his breath, glaring at them.
"You guys did something," Jun said, shaking her head. "I'm not sure what, but it's definitely something stupid..."
Kazuya shot them another annoyed look and joined them in eating breakfast.

Jun finished preparing the Osechi and wore her kimono, forcing her husband and the rest of the family to do the same. Lars had no idea how to put it on and ended up calling Jin for help.
They waited in the living room for their guests to arrive. Namely, Nina's family and Lee's family.
Anna was still pregnant with her baby girl.
"Hi everyone!" They greeted, entering the house. "Happy New Year!"
Jun served the osechi and said a prayer before they all started eating.
"So when's your baby due, Lee?" Kazuya asked, pointing at Anna. "Anytime soon?"
"In a week or so," Lee said. "I'm very excited in becoming a father!"
"Congratulations!" Jun said with a smile. "I'm so happy for you two!"
When the guests started leaving, Lee invited the Mishimas over to his home. He invited Nina and her family too, but they refused the offer.
"Adam's parents are coming over to stay," Nina said. "They'll be here for a few weeks."
"Oh now that's a shame," Lee said. "I was thinking we could all have a sleepover together!"
"As good as that sounds, we have to decline," said Adam. "But if Nina wants to go, I don't mind."
"Nah, I'm coming with you," Nina said, leaning against her husband's shoulder. "Anna, send me a photo of your baby when she's born."
"You won't be here to see her?" Anna asked, surprised.
"Of course we will," Nina said. "I just want a picture!"
They said goodbye and left the place. The first thing that they did was get out of their kimonos, especially Lars. He untied it then and there.
"Okay, I'm gonna go change," Lars said. "See you guys in a bit."
That night, they went over to Lee's place and stayed over. They had their dinner and watched movies in his private theatre.
They certainly had a lot of fun and were very happy for it.