Holiday in Rikubetsu: Part 4

"Hey!" Someone suddenly shouted. "Stop running!"
"What was that?!" Shasha stood up. "Hey! Who's he chasing?"
Jun ran down the steps and went after the running men. She used her telekinesis and stopped the chaser.
"My god!" The man yelled in surprise. "What's going on?! Who's doing this?"
"I am," Jun stepped in front of him, her hand held up. "Who are you?"
Shasha and Amber turned their phone lights on and shined them against his face. The others came running up too. The man was revealed to be a foreigner, with dark brown fringed hair.
"Who are you?!" The man countered. "Why is everyone stopping me from catching the intruder?! Also, how are you doing that? Let me go!"
"Intruder?" Everyone repeated in surprise.
"Yes!" The man exclaimed, struggling to free himself from Jun's grasp. "That man... he was going from chalet to chalet, peeking through the windows. He avoided one chalet, though."
"Which chalet?" Jun asked.
"How am I supposed to show you when you've held me?" The man exclaimed, annoyed. "Let me go!"
Jun finally did, and the man stretched his arms, moving them in circles. He pointed at the Mishimas' chalet. "That one."
"Must be afraid of us, then," Kazuya chuckled.
"You..." the man said in surprise, pointing an accusing finger at Kazuya. "You're a demon!"
"Yeah, so?" Kazuya said nonchalantly. "Anyway, do I know you? You seem a little familiar, I guess..."
"You know this guy?" Jin asked in surprise.
"I think he's one of those guys who I've never seen before, but still has a huge grudge against me," Kazuya shrugged. "You're Arabian or something?"
"You killed my friend..." the Arabian man frowned. "What are you doing here? Get out of my sight!"
"Hey, I paid to have my vacation in this resort," Kazuya crossed his arms with a smirk. "Besides, I'm the one who should be asking what you're doing here. This is Japan, my homeland."
"I'm on holiday too," Shaheen grimaced. "Why do you keep letting the man get away?"
"Were you the guy who threw me into the mud the other day?" Hwoarang chimed in.
"Are you an accomplice of that guy?" Shaheen countered.
"No..." Hwoarang said, turning away. "I'm not. I didn't know why you were chasing him."
"Then don't interrupt the chase!" Shaheen frowned. He sighed and turned back to the others. "The guy is getting away. My mother saw him outside our chalet once, and we kept seeing him again the past few days."
"I'm on it," Jin said, taking his shirt off, shoving it at Steve. "Hold this."
Tattoo markings started appearing on his forehead and chest, followed by horns growing out of his head and black feathered wings out of his back. He flew off in the direction the intruder ran in.
"He's a demon too?" Shaheen asked in surprise, watching Jin fly off into the distance.
"That's my son," Kazuya said proudly. "I think I'll go too. Maybe we can find him faster."
He handed his shirt to Jun and flew off too.
"Be careful, the two of you!" Jun called after them, holding Kazuya's shirt to her chest.
They searched everywhere but found no trace of him. They returned to the others, rather dolefully, and informed them.
"We lost him," Jin sighed, going back to normal. "We can't find him anywhere."
"I was this close to catching him, twice," Shaheen frowned. "The police weren't of any help too. The guy only appears at night."
"Is he a vamp or something?" Shasha asked suddenly.
"No..." Shaheen said. "I don't think vampires exist in this world."
"You didn't think demons existed in this world either," Kazuya pointed out. "Yet there's two of us here."
"You guys still consider yourselves demons even when you have suppressed it?" Hwoarang chimed in with a smirk.
"Very funny..." Kazuya rolled his eyes. "It's still in our blood."
"I don't consider that," Jin smirked. "Consider yourself a demon, I don't care."
"That's right, Jin isn't a demon," Jun said, wrapping an arm around Jin. "So isn't Kazuya."
"Who are you?" Shaheen asked Jun.
"My wife," Kazuya stepped in front of her, blocking her from Shaheen's view. "Also if you want me to work for you, my answer would be no, yet again. Unless you want our companies to work together, maybe I'll accept. But me work for you, no."
"He wanted you to work for him?" Jun asked in surprise, pushing Kazuya aside so that she could step forward. "Why would Kazuya want to work for you when he had his own company?"
"Because he killed my friend?" Shaheen shrugged.
"That doesn't even make any sense," Jin snorted. "Whatever, don't you think we should go inside or something? Or am I the only one who's shivering here?"
"Nope, I'm good," Steve shrugged.
"No one asked you, idiot," Hwoarang rolled his eyes. "You're the only one here who's got such thick skin. Not us."
"Yeah, I'm freezing!" Shasha added. "Can we sit near a fireplace or something?"
"Let's go to my chalet," Lee suggested. "You're right, it's really cold here."
They went to Lee's chalet and spoke to Shaheen about the intruder.
"My mother saw him near our chalet the other day," Shaheen informed. "I'm not sure what he wanted, but she said it didn't look like he wanted money."
"Then?" Hwoarang asked, crunching on the snacks that Lee always seemed to have on hand.
"I don't know, she said he seemed fierce," Shaheen said. "She said he didn't even run away when she spotted him."
"What did he look like?" Jun asked thoughtfully.
"We didn't see," Shaheen frowned. "But I think he's Asian."
"How so?" Amber asked.
"He kept using this martial arts technique- chanting something in Chinese, I think- and was surrounded by a strong, dark energy," Shaheen recalled. "He wasn't running when I chased him, but he was surprisingly quick."
"Did you get close enough?" Jin asked.
"I would've if someone didn't keep catching me instead of that guy," Shaheen scowled. "Thanks a lot..."
"Sorry..." Hwoarang apologised. "I guess I wasn't thinking straight."
"Well, all I know is that guy's been coming here every night since I arrived," Shaheen said. "All except yesterday."
"It was Wednesday..." Jun frowned thoughtfully. "I think it may have been because of that..."
"I think he really is Chinese," Shasha chuckled. "Because for some reason, some Chinese restaurants in my country are closed on Wednesdays."
"No, I think it was because the police were here," Steve cut in. "And he probably knew we'd be alerted."
"I think he was waiting for someone," Shaheen said, remembering. "My father said he kept staring at this one empty chalet. Now it has people. A blond family."
"Does that mean me?" Steve sighed. "My parents are both blond. And I think we're the only blond guests for now. So they're watching us..."
"No, not yours," Shaheen shook his head. "The family with the little boy."
Shasha's eyes widened. "Ken?! Oh my gosh! That weirdo's after Ken!"
"Who's Ken?" Shaheen asked confused.
"For real?" Lars snorted. "You don't know him?"
"Nope," Shaheen shrugged.
"Maybe because Ken has changed over the years," Shasha shrugged. "My mom, who's a big fan of him, couldn't recognise him either. I mean she played the older Street Fighter, not the new one."
"Maybe that's why," Steve shrugged. "Anyway, sorry for catching you two times in a row, guv."
For some reason, this sent Shasha into fits of laugher.
"What?" Steve asked, not sure why she's laughing.
"Guv..." Shasha chuckled. "Sorry, I just find that really funny."
"You find everything funny," Steve rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Shaheen."
"It's fine..." Shaheen sighed. "But you have to help me catch this guy. I don't know how he gets in, because when the police found no traces of a break-in. Seems like the guy practically teleported himself in!"
"He isn't human, that's for sure," Kazuya frowned. "Why does something like this always interrupt our vacation? Last time Claudio, now this?"
"Don't forget, my first vacation with my biological mother ended up being invaded by a stalker," Steve sighed. He turned towards Shasha and gave her a nudge. "Remember in Yakushima?"
Shasha burst into laughter. "Literally the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word 'Yakushima'."
"What actually happened in Yakushima?" Shaheen asked, much to their surprise.
"Nothing that's important now," Kazuya glared at him. "You still want me to work for you or what?"
"No..." Shaheen grimaced. "Not after I found that you're a demon."
Jun cleared her throat. "As long as I'm here, Kazuya will never fall back into his old ways. And neither will Jin."
Kazuya put his arms around her and kissed her forehead.
"I so ship you guys!" Shasha squealed. "You're literally my favourite ship! Next to Jin x Xiao, of course."
"How much have you been talking to Xiao," Jin sighed.
"She's my best friend," Shasha grinned. "Of course she talks to me lots."
"And to me too," Jun smiled.
"And me," Amber added with a grin.
"I think we'll discuss this tomorrow," Lee said, his eyes slightly droopy. "Aren't you guys feeling sleepy?"
Everyone got up and left, besides Kazuya.
"What's up, Spiky?" Lee yawned, going towards his brother. "Are you not sleepy?"
"It's just that, yet another vacation ruined," Kazuya sighed. "We'll only be here for another few days, and yet."
"Chill, Scarface, we can add a few more nights in if we want," Lee said, putting a hand on Kazuya's shoulder. "It's not like we can't afford."
"No, not that," Kazuya said, frowning. "It's just that... we spent so much time persuading Jin for this. Getting him to agree is like the hardest task in the world. And now..." he let out an exaggerated sigh. "We have a weirdo on our hands, and sleepless nights."
Lee sighed and clapped his back a little. "I'll try to brainwash him if he insists on leaving. If we can't catch the intruder, we'll just move to a different resort. I saw a good one not far off. Now we know that the intruder isn't here for us. He's here for Ken."
"We can't just leave the poor guy and his family here after we know about the intruder, right?" Kazuya reasoned. "Besides, who knows what he wants."
Lee couldn't help but laugh. "All this coming from the guy who ruined so many lives."
"Lee..." Kazuya sighed, shaking his head.
"What, it's the fact!" Lee smirked. "Anyway, go to bed, Spiky. See you tomorrow."
Kazuya chuckled. "Night, Barbarian."
Lee smiled. "Right back atcha, Scarface."
Kazuya laughed and left the chalet with a small wave. Lee still wondered how the two of them, adoptive brothers who hated each other to the core, was so close now. Then again, the only reason why they hated each other was because of Heihachi's teachings.
Lee sighed and went towards his bedroom. Lars walked out of the bathroom, now wearing his pyjamas.
"Not asleep yet?" Lars asked, stopping short.
"How could someone sleepy after all that?" Lee snorted, gesturing broadly. "I have no idea if I'm even gonna sleep tonight."
"Same..." Lars sighed, making his way towards his room. "Anyway, Goodnight."
"Night, Teacake," Lee chuckled, earning a groan from the younger man.
"I need to come up with a name for you," Lars muttered as he made his way to his room.
Lee laughed and entered his bedroom. Anna was fast asleep, one hand placed on her daughter. Lee smiled and got changed before getting into bed with them.
"How did it go?" Anna suddenly whispered. "Did you catch the guy?"
"Nope," Lee sighed. "We found another familiar face, though."
"Who?"
"Shaheen. He came here on vacation with his family and spotted an intruder. That's who he's been chasing. We accidentally caught him, letting the intruder run away. Again..."
"You guys... why do you keep catching the chaser rather than the one who's running?"
"Tell me about it. Shaheen's pretty mad about getting his chase interrupted twice already."
"The poor guy," Anna chuckled softly. "How did he find the intruder?"
"Says his mother saw him lurking around," Shaheen said. "He's the one that called the police yesterday."
"You mean the day before yesterday," Anna corrected. "It's past midnight."
Lee let's out a huff. "Tell me about it... anyway, go to sleep, Queenie."
Anna smiles and snuggled closer towards her husband, their daughter in the middle. They fell asleep, their arms around each other with Tori between them.